Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

FFG has finally released the FAQ.  

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=3941

#2 D.Knight Sevus

D.Knight Sevus

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

Gah. Ninja'd because I wanted to post some of the more common questions it addresses.

#3 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

Excited about this! Looking forward to digesting the document over the next few days.

Welcome to the machine!

#4 Marconius

Marconius

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

There is a little mistake in the FAQ : the timing of "after refresh" has been changed an putted after Refresh phase's step 3 (OK) but they changed the gametext of 2 cards : no needed because of the modifying of the timing.

Rulebook

Refresh Phase (p. 12)

The parenthetical text after step 1, which reads, “…(Any

effect with the text “after you refresh” can be used after

completing this step)” is misplaced.

“After you refresh” effects should be initiated after the

completion of step 3 of the refresh phase.

Core Set

(v1.0)

Fleeing the Empire 0056

Should read: “

Reaction: After your refresh phase

ends, …”

(v1.0)

Fleet Command Center 0057

Should read: “

Reaction: After your refresh phase

ends, …”

#5 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

A lot of the more general stuff about timing sounds very familiar to any Game of Thrones player. It's a bit odd in that it sounds like internally they are conceptualizing the timing structure as very similar to the Game of Thrones timing structure, but externally (i.e. in the FAQ) they do not make it out to be as complex. There's no "moribund" as there is in Thrones, and the timing within framework and action windows seems to handled with a little less granularity while working out very similarly to Thrones in the end. While it's a good effort to reduce some of the initially off-putting complexity of Thrones's timing structure, I wonder if evenutally they'll have to define and visiualize the framework/player action windows as they do in the Thrones FAQ.

#6 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Marconius said:

There is a little mistake in the FAQ : the timing of "after refresh" has been changed an putted after Refresh phase's step 3 (OK) but they changed the gametext of 2 cards : no needed because of the modifying of the timing.

If you read the accompanying article it's clear that this is not a mistake, but was intentionally done. Why they deemed it necessary, I have no clue, though.

#7 Grobb

Grobb

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

Cany anyone actualyl DL this?  It seems to bomb out just as it reached the end

#8 Marconius

Marconius

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

Saturnine said:

Marconius said:

If you read the accompanying article it's clear that this is not a mistake, but was intentionally done. Why they deemed it necessary, I have no clue, though.

Yes, but errata on these 2 cards would be necessary if they did not change the timing for "after refresh" capacity as they did. With the timing changement, errata are no longer necessary.

@ Grobb : sorry but I am french and I don't understand what you mean.

#9 Niranth

Niranth

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

Is there not an action window after step #3?  These errata put the trigger after the action window rather than before.

#10 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

Niranth said:

Is there not an action window after step #3?  These errata put the trigger after the action window rather than before.

Indeed, that is the case. But as a conscious choice to place those errata'd effects after that action window, it seems rather arbitrary.

#11 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:34 AM

I hate to say, but I love being right about the "Secret of Yavin" objective!

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#12 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:11 AM

Rogue 4 said:

I hate to say, but I love being right about the "Secret of Yavin" objective!

Yep, it appears the problem came down to poor wording in the rule book.  After a discussion with Nate French, it seems that the phrase on pg 18 "Each enemy objective may be engaged only once per conflict phase." should actually be read as "You may initiate an engagement against each enemy objective only once per conflict phase."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS