About Taxation and coins to be returned

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Aertes

Aertes

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:40 AM

Hello again. THis doubt right here kept me thinking (i hate thinking) too much so im asking it:

Taxation phase makes us return all the unspent gold that we still have. Now, in the rulesbook, it tells us to return all the coins in our treasury. But, in FaQs, it tells us to return all "unspent gold". Now, i have two main questions about it:

1- ¿Must i return all unspent gold i have, even if its not in my treasury?

1.2- Specifically, ¿must I return gold that is on:
· Tywin Lannister (Lannister)?
· Sunspear Knights (Martell)?
· Any other guy, location or card of any kind on which I can put gold?

I think that the answer to all questions is "yes", but i'll apreciate a second oppinion.

#2 Old Ben

Old Ben

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:08 AM

In the taxation phase you must only return the gold that´s in your gold pool. So you mustn´t return the gold that´s on Tywin, Sunspear knights or another card with a similiar ability. For a little more detailled covering of the theme see the discussion on Tzumain ~or wait for Ktom´s answer. ;-)

tzumainn.com/agot/cards/card.php

#3 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,185 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:00 AM

Old Ben said:

~or wait for Ktom´s answer. ;-)

Just for that....

It's not a matter of answer; it's a matter of definition. Gold that is not in your gold pool doesn't count as "unspent" because you cannot actually spend it directly (even on Tywin; you need the added help of his text to spend it). So there is no conflict between the Rule Book and the Taxation Phase flowchart saying "return unspent gold to the treasury."

#4 Aertes

Aertes

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:47 AM

Uhm.. im afraid i didnt understand that "doesn't count as unspent because you cannot spend it directly". I think i understand it but, im sorry for asking for the "version for dumbs":

The only gold i need to return in Taxation Phase is the reamining gold in my gold pool. I don't return gold on Tywin Lannister, on Sunspear Knights, or any gold that is not in my gold pool.
Right or Wrong?

#5 Old Ben

Old Ben

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:53 AM

The answer is:  right. 

Besides it´s quite annoying that the boards won´t allow "right" as an reply since this answer is too short, ~well, i guess it´s common knowledge that SPAM bots usually post short informations to advertise whatever they usually advertise ....*sigh*

#6 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,185 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:59 AM

Aertes said:

The only gold i need to return in Taxation Phase is the reamining gold in my gold pool. I don't return gold on Tywin Lannister, on Sunspear Knights, or any gold that is not in my gold pool.

Right or Wrong?

Right.

I was using the definition of "unspent" to say this because your original post was citing the FAQ flowchart's instruction to return "unspent" gold to the treasury as a source of confusion. I read your original post as saying someone had taken "unspent" to mean "all gold tokens not currently in the treasury." I was trying to clarify that "unspent" actually means "all gold tokens available to a player (without the use of additional card effects) for use when paying costs."

#7 Aertes

Aertes

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:11 PM

Thats what i understood, but i needed to be sure. Thanks a lot Ktom, you're being of unvaluable help to our comunity of players.

#8 Aertes

Aertes

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:14 PM

And thanks to you too Old Ben!, i didnt forget about your help, people.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS