Photo

Avi's Demigods Session Report. 1st Attempt.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GreenFlame

GreenFlame

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:29 AM

Hi all, first of all, sorry for my english. Since its not my mother tongue I guess this report will be kinda messy.

Well, as I said to Julia, I wanted to play a game with the Nyarlathotep Variant of the Demigods that Avi did (see http://www.arkhamlea...us-content.html), and, oh man, I did.

First, I translated the rules, and set them in a way I could print them and make them look cool:
http://postimage.org/image/tz0jn01ln/
http://postimage.org/image/bmthl5uw9/
http://postimage.org/image/cuzjceffj/

When I first shown the the Demigods rules to my friends they said: No, oh god, no. You cant make us play that…oh god, that is hell itself.

But I finally convinced them. 6 of us. 6 investigators. Nyarlathotep (modified with this rules), Demigods, Kingsport, Bast, F.B.I. HERE WE GO.

I was really excited because I love painful games where everything seems to be lost and horrible. But when the game started, it seemed that I wouldnt be able to see such a pain. We had Silas (!), Jacqueline (!!), PATRICE…(!!!!!!), Kate Winthrop with Motorcycle, Ruby of R'lyeh AND Arcane Insight (WHAT!!???), we also had Akachi (Oh, great…we were LOW ON CLUE NEEDS) and Lily Chen. All at random. Dear god, the game was smiling at us (even tho I Hate Patrice and everytime the game looks so easy).

It was all smooth, so goddamn smooth. You cannot even believe. Patrice collecting clues, passing her PS, clues for everyone….Man, 3 Elder Signs appeared. 2 of them were used, Nyarlathotep couldnt hit 6 in the marker because of the combination of Patrice + Jacqueline + Kate Winthrop, no one becoming insane or inconscious…not even a mask appeared…

Nyarlathotep, sleepy, funny, laughed softly. A Servitor of the Outer Gods ravaged Silas, and devoured him. Well, its not that bad, but…come on…
Shortly after, the God of the Bloody Tongue hit the city, along with other ugly aliens, due to a monster surge. Well, haha, ok guys, lets just run from this impersonated supreme evil and everything will be fine, ok? haha, ok, just keep on running ;)…!
The fifth Elder Sign was on the table. One to go, and Skids (who replaced Silas) was already back from the OTand ready to put the last seal…man, it was so easy I was mad. Just one mask, 3 elder sign unique items, Patrice, Kate, Akachi, Jacqueline….

Then, with the subtle sound of a needle falling on the floor, the world torn asunder. Patrice was at the Congregational Hospital. She had one point of sanity left. And instead of using the ability of that location to heal herself (later he said he didn't read it, that he didn´t know that he could do that there), she had an encounter. I don't remember exactly what the encounter said, but I remember one thing, we 6 will sure remember it. It said: […] You lose one sanity.

So Patrice fell on the floor, insane, and The Bloated Woman appeared there. With the Avi's rules, when she appears, every investigator loses 2 points of sanity and 2 points of resistance. This effect destroyed our world, sending 3 of us to the Asylum/Hospital.

Skids, on the last gate to seal, became insane aswell. As a result of this, The Shadowy Figure shown up, eating ALL of our clues, and one of the Elder Signs on the board.

I fell inconscious, and The Dark Pharaoh appeared on my location, as consecuence of this, the monster trophies from each of us resurrected and attacked us. Two more of us fell, and two more masks came. The Beast and The Black Man. Arkham was FULL of Masks and Monsters (when The Dark Pharaoh is on the map, monster limit is ignored (also, Mask monsters doesnt count to the normal monster limit).

We all stared at the city. Speechless. All monsters with +2 on toughness (The Beast), all will checks with -1 modifier. No clues. No hope. No hope at all.

It was late. So we bite our tongues in anger and couldnt do other than giving up. Arkham was lost. I've played enough to know this.

But we will try again! This is not our last word against the Demigods! NOT AT ALL!

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,267 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

First of all, thanks for the report! It was good to read :-) And thanks for trying such a difficult variant!

Indeed you were blessed by great characters and great starting items! It's a pity you overlooked at the Asylum special ability, this costed you the whole game, I'm so sorry!

But thanks for sharing :-) And good luck for your next try!

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,267 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

Plus, the layout you used for the demigods rules is AMAZING! Do you think there is a chance you can send me your layout so that I can implement the English rules? Which program did you use?

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#4 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,267 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:01 AM

Finally (just got some feedback from Avi via e-mail- he's retired, hence not posting on this forum any more - and he says your artwork is fantastic :-) ) Avi said that you could have chased down the Dark Pharaoh to clean the board. Using strategically the Masks in order to make the tide turn

#5 GreenFlame

GreenFlame

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

First of all, you are so welcome :), thank you for reading.

Yes, we overlooked the Congregational Hospital from Kingsport (it happened there) because we were all so excited about winning in that same turn…but..oh well. hehe.

This is the layout I used, I just looked for 'ancient scroll background' or something like that on Google: http://postimage.org/image/gmu91bh3r/

I used the useful and poor MS Paint, classic :P

I'm happy from the feedback from you and Avi. We might have tried, but it was late, our moral was so low, and…really, Arkham was so FULL, and we all were so unequipped….but…next time..!

#6 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,267 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

Thanks for the link! I saved the image and sent the link to Avi, so that in the next days we could work on a similar final product :-)

And yeah, I see what you mean, when you're about to win a game and the board revolts against you… it's such a pain ::laughter:: next time, better luck!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS