Wave 2 delayed again

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

I just saw on the Upcoming page that the wave 2 ships are now expected in March instead of February. I guess this is a small enough additional delay that FFG didn't feel like posting anything to the News section like they did when it was pushed back to February, but if any of you hadn't seen - now you know.

#2 CPTMcMurphy

CPTMcMurphy

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

My understanding is that the Expansion is going to ship end of February such that it will hit retail store front end of March.  Not a big delay,

#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:49 AM

CPTMcMurphy said:

My understanding is that the Expansion is going to ship end of February such that it will hit retail store front end of March.  Not a big delay,

Cool.  I must have missed where they announced that.  I only saw the change to the March eta.

#4 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

They changed it to On The Boat on the upcoming page on January 21st. I work for a company that gets shipments from China all the time and 6-8 weeks is a pretty normal amount of time. The sad thing is, sometimes half of that is just waiting for customs once it's in port.

#5 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:16 AM

We need to wait until FFG give us the official Date, to avoid expeculations, greettings.

"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".

Kaxel Vofer.

#6 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:20 AM

herozeromes said:

The sad thing is, sometimes half of that is just waiting for customs once it's in port.

Yes, but customs are important. As a forest entomologist I just have to say that I'm grateful for some of the customs slow-downs because it means preventing the next big insect pest from invading our lands. Last thing we need is another emerald ash borer from all the wooden packing material on transcontinental shipments. I'm sure the rest of the customs paperwork is important, too, but I think the search for exotic fauna is essential.

#7 wikkid_devil

wikkid_devil

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

dbmeboy said:

I just saw on the Upcoming page that the wave 2 ships are now expected in March instead of February. I guess this is a small enough additional delay that FFG didn't feel like posting anything to the News section like they did when it was pushed back to February, but if any of you hadn't seen - now you know.

Yeah I noticed when expected dispatch dates from UK suppliers jumped to 29th March.

Not impressed.

If I dumped unexplained delays after previous delays on my customers (and tried to blame the manufacturer) I would soon be out of a job for poor planning and poor demand forcasting, and my clients would find alternative suppliers.

I guess retail has different rules, …

#8 Cid_MCDP

Cid_MCDP

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

wikkid_devil said:

dbmeboy said:

Yeah I noticed when expected dispatch dates from UK suppliers jumped to 29th March.

Not impressed.

If I dumped unexplained delays after previous delays on my customers (and tried to blame the manufacturer) I would soon be out of a job for poor planning and poor demand forcasting, and my clients would find alternative suppliers.

Too bad you're not the exclusive producer of your customer's particular product, huh? :)

I asked the owner of my FLGS if he'd heard anything and he said (I'm in the States now, so take this for what it's worth if you're not) supposed to be shipping end of February, should be in stores at the beginning of March.

#9 Panic

Panic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

Yeah,
This is incredibly disappointing. I also think the FFG need to accept responsibility for these delays. Wave 1 was late and the UK has had horrible stock issues. I placed a preorder for about $100 of wave 2 ships back in October thinking I’d receive them by X-mas.

Kessel run in the UK was a mess with stores keeping the prizes or not running the event at all!
So wave two has been fully spoiled online for three months, I know pretty much everything about wave two. So the fun in opening the package is gone, my pre-order will hold no surprises.

At this point it would be nice if FFG put something out for X-wing.
Online missions? ‘we are sorry we f***** up have some missions’

If it was anything other than StarWars I’d have sold my copy by now so  can invest my time and money in a game that is respected by it’s creators.

Incredibly disappointed.

Panic…

#10 wikkid_devil

wikkid_devil

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

Panic said:

Kessel run in the UK was a mess with stores keeping the prizes or not running the event at all!
So wave two has been fully spoiled online for three months, I know pretty much everything about wave two. So the fun in opening the package is gone, my pre-order will hold no surprises.

To be fair, can't blame FFG for dishonesty at stores, frustrating as this is.

#11 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:15 AM

Parakitor said:

herozeromes said:

The sad thing is, sometimes half of that is just waiting for customs once it's in port.

Yes, but customs are important. As a forest entomologist I just have to say that I'm grateful for some of the customs slow-downs because it means preventing the next big insect pest from invading our lands. Last thing we need is another emerald ash borer from all the wooden packing material on transcontinental shipments. I'm sure the rest of the customs paperwork is important, too, but I think the search for exotic fauna is essential.

I'm not disagreeing with the merits of customs. They are definitely important. I'm just speaking to the fact that identical shipments sent from and to the same places at the same time can sometimes vary in arrival time by a month or more.

#12 Grape Starburst

Grape Starburst

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

Panic said:

Isn't that what the Kessel Runs were? A we're sorry wave 2 is delayed, but in the meantime we'll send out the small amount we do have to be used as prizes in this event.

#13 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

I don't blame FFG for this delay specifically, but they do have a problem with chronic late releases.  I remember months ago asking my local store when we would get the wave 2 ships.  At this point the website said fourth quarter of 2012. (Let's just remind everyone that that means any time betyween October and December.)  The man at the store said it would be out in February.  I aksed him if he had heard anything from FFG that I hadn't.  He hadn't.

He told me that if I  wanted to know when a FFG release was going to be that all I needed to do was take the latest possible time (December) and add two months.  That put the relase for Wave 2 in February.  It wasn't for another month or so that FFG anounced the delay.

It is troubling that adding two months to the latest possible predicted release date was the rule that my Local store was using.  It is evenmore troubling that the rule works.

I love FFG games.  I love X-wing especially, but either their scheduling department is WAY too optomisitc or they have some serious productin problems that they need to deal with.

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#14 Forensicus

Forensicus

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

wikkid_devil said:

dbmeboy said:

Not impressed.

Which UK retailers? Could you provide link to their pages?

Fleet:  Rebels: 1 x [YT-1300] -  4 x [X-Wing] - 4 x [A-Wing] -2 x [Y-Wing] - 2 x [HWK-290] - 4 x [B-Wing] Empire: 2 x [Firespray-31] - 8 x [Tie Fighters] - 4 x [Tie Interceptor] - 3 x [Tie Advanced] - 3 x [TIE-Bomber] - 3 x [Lambda Shuttle]

"Hangars": BattleFoam P.A.C.K. 432 & P.A.C.K. 216 with custom & pluck foams

"Battlefields": 2 x Gale Force 9 Mats

#15 Forensicus

Forensicus

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

Panic said:

Yeah,
This is incredibly disappointing. I also think the FFG need to accept responsibility for these delays. Wave 1 was late and the UK has had horrible stock issues. I placed a preorder for about $100 of wave 2 ships back in October thinking I’d receive them by X-mas.

If it was anything other than StarWars I’d have sold my copy by now so  can invest my time and money in a game that is respected by it’s creators.

Incredibly disappointed.

Panic…

I sincerely hope that you reported the guilty stores to FFG. I know of one incident here in Denmark where a store simply put the Wave 2 ship prizes up for sale to selected customers. Such a stupid thing to do since the potential/certain reaction and negative impression this gives in these times with FB etc. and in a small community. I will certainly not be buying any stuff from them.

Fleet:  Rebels: 1 x [YT-1300] -  4 x [X-Wing] - 4 x [A-Wing] -2 x [Y-Wing] - 2 x [HWK-290] - 4 x [B-Wing] Empire: 2 x [Firespray-31] - 8 x [Tie Fighters] - 4 x [Tie Interceptor] - 3 x [Tie Advanced] - 3 x [TIE-Bomber] - 3 x [Lambda Shuttle]

"Hangars": BattleFoam P.A.C.K. 432 & P.A.C.K. 216 with custom & pluck foams

"Battlefields": 2 x Gale Force 9 Mats

#16 Panic

Panic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

yeah,
I emailed FFG with my problems… they did not help.

Panic…

#17 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Hrathen said:

I don't blame FFG for this delay specifically, but they do have a problem with chronic late releases.  I remember months ago asking my local store when we would get the wave 2 ships.  At this point the website said fourth quarter of 2012. (Let's just remind everyone that that means any time betyween October and December.)  The man at the store said it would be out in February.  I aksed him if he had heard anything from FFG that I hadn't.  He hadn't.

He told me that if I  wanted to know when a FFG release was going to be that all I needed to do was take the latest possible time (December) and add two months.  That put the relase for Wave 2 in February.  It wasn't for another month or so that FFG anounced the delay.

It is troubling that adding two months to the latest possible predicted release date was the rule that my Local store was using.  It is evenmore troubling that the rule works.

I love FFG games.  I love X-wing especially, but either their scheduling department is WAY too optomisitc or they have some serious productin problems that they need to deal with.

Except this time even that rule was too optimistic ;-)

#18 wikkid_devil

wikkid_devil

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Forensicus said:

wikkid_devil said:

dbmeboy said:

Not impressed.

Which UK retailers? Could you provide link to their pages?

As requested.

http://www.waylandga..._campaign=XWING

#19 ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

The Wayland games date is pure speculation and they probably put March 29th to avoid any complaints from customers who preorder for them in the meantime.  Considering I buy X-Wing models from Gameslore who originally expected to have them around mid Feb.  Wargame Store told me late feb and prior to the date change at wayland, they expected an early feb release, I wouldn't take it too seriously.

The stock has been "on the boat" for what 3 and bit weeks now?  And that is if the second they updated the upcoming page was when the boat left dock (which is probably more like a day later) then North America will see these in store at the latest the week beginning March 11th.  That is 8 weeks after the status change on Janurary 21st.  It's more likely to be between the 26th of Feb and 5th of March for NA customers.

UK gamers will probably get that stock a week or so later, judging by how quickly Gamelore get new items from the states when they release new boardgames/CCG/roleplaying/miniatures and the like.  It's frustrating I agree but going off on one and bitching at FFG won't really change much.  And if the models do arrive around March 29th in the UK, then please feel free to quote me and tell me how much of a noob I am :)

#20 wikkid_devil

wikkid_devil

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

ThadiusCole said:

The Wayland games date is pure speculation and they probably put March 29th to avoid any complaints from customers who preorder for them in the meantime.  Considering I buy X-Wing models from Gameslore who originally expected to have them around mid Feb.  Wargame Store told me late feb and prior to the date change at wayland, they expected an early feb release, I wouldn't take it too seriously.

The stock has been "on the boat" for what 3 and bit weeks now?  And that is if the second they updated the upcoming page was when the boat left dock (which is probably more like a day later) then North America will see these in store at the latest the week beginning March 11th.  That is 8 weeks after the status change on Janurary 21st.  It's more likely to be between the 26th of Feb and 5th of March for NA customers.

UK gamers will probably get that stock a week or so later, judging by how quickly Gamelore get new items from the states when they release new boardgames/CCG/roleplaying/miniatures and the like.  It's frustrating I agree but going off on one and bitching at FFG won't really change much.  And if the models do arrive around March 29th in the UK, then please feel free to quote me and tell me how much of a noob I am :)

I expect you are quite correct on the March 29th thing. I was stating that was what alerted me to the further delays.

The idea of having to wait 6 months for a pre ordered product to arrive sucks hugely. Pre order available from Oct 2012 (as stated by another forum user) and not delivered until March 2013. Really? I know it’s a PRE order, but come on folks.

If I consider the frustration to be justified, who should I address my concerns to if not FFG?

I can’t blame Games Lore (Delivered my order in less than 24 hours of online purchase) or Wayland Games (ordered another X-Wing on Monday night [Games Lore were o.o.s.], awaiting delivery). The retailers are not responsible for the distributers/manufacturers delays.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS