Compatibility with the Other Stand-Alone Games

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lazenca

Lazenca

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

I assume that all the different systems (Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion and Force and Destiny) will be able to work with one another.  Kind of like the Warhammer 40k systems (Dark Heresy, Only War, Deathwatch, Rogue Trader, etc).  But has anyone heard definitively if that's a proper assumption?

As a side note, I've been playing role playing games for decades; and this game is such a breath of fresh air!  Great originality!

#2 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

I think there is no doubt they will play together. The question is how? Will the charactertypes of the later games just be higher XP builds or will there be something else to differentiate them or nothing at all? We will have to wait and see. Age of Rebellion will be the first and will probably give us a much better idea of what we will expect from Force & Destiny.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

#3 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

Lazenca said:

I assume that all the different systems (Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion and Force and Destiny) will be able to work with one another.  Kind of like the Warhammer 40k systems (Dark Heresy, Only War, Deathwatch, Rogue Trader, etc).  But has anyone heard definitively if that's a proper assumption?

Right now, your guess is just as good and valid as anyones as to how well the three different books will work with one another.  From the horror stories I've heard about Deathwatch, I'm hoping Force & Destiny does a better job of integrating with EotE & Age of Rebellion.

Given the time and effort put into developing EotE's dice system, it probably is a safe bet the fundamental mechanics regarding the dice pools will be the same across all three games.  But as mouthymerc said, the tricky question is how much more powerful are PCs made using Age of Rebellion or Force & Destiny gonig to be compared to EotE PCs?

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#4 Dustin

Dustin

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

Lazenca said:

As a side note, I've been playing role playing games for decades; and this game is such a breath of fresh air!  Great originality!

I know it is a bit late to wish this, but I wish Dark Heresy & Rogue Trader had this system! 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS