Photo

About executing green maneuvers. Stupid question…

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LedZep

LedZep

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

So I was playing in a local game club and everytime a guy made a green maneuver with a tie he got a focus token, then with the action an evade token.

I cant find this on the rulebook, but ive seen it in videos. Can someone explain to me how this works? Yes really new and I thought I knew but Im confused.

X wing pilot shooses straight green movement. What happens next?

#2 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

LedZep said:

So I was playing in a local game club and everytime a guy made a green maneuver with a tie he got a focus token, then with the action an evade token.

I cant find this on the rulebook, but ive seen it in videos. Can someone explain to me how this works? Yes really new and I thought I knew but Im confused.

It's a special ability from Night Beast only, only tyhis Unique pilot can do that, and yes is a Pilot from TIE Fighter, no other pilot can do that, even the higher Howlrunner, greettings.

"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".

Kaxel Vofer.

#3 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 740 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

LedZep said:

Kaxel is right, it was probably due to the ability of Night Beast.

As a new player, if something is happening in a game that you do not understand, you should ask about it. Most people who play, if they know you are still learning the game, should be happy to patiently explain anything you do not understand. For pilot abilities, these appear on the pilot card itself and not in the rule book. If your opponent is unwilling to offer an explanation, or they make you feel stupid for asking, you're playing with the wrong people.

#4 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

ziggy2000 said:

As a new player, if something is happening in a game that you do not understand, you should ask about it. Most people who play, if they know you are still learning the game, should be happy to patiently explain anything you do not understand. For pilot abilities, these appear on the pilot card itself and not in the rule book. If your opponent is unwilling to offer an explanation, or they make you feel stupid for asking, you're playing with the wrong people.

You have a good point, the most important in the game is getting Fun, and if you don't feel confidence to ask an explain to someone, or the player don't have the amability to show why he/she do that he/she does, knowing that you are newbie, like all we are in sometime, (and Maybe in this game all we are), probably you need to stop play with Him/Her, greettings.

Kaxel Vofer.

#5 BigDogg

BigDogg

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

You have the right to question your opponent at any time during a game. If they refuse to answer or you don't feel the answer is correct. Try to enlist the aid of the event coordinator or other players also playing. If you still are not satisfied. I personally would throw a hissy fit and quit. LOL. Just kidding. Finish playing and then get on these forums and find out for sure. Print out the correct procedure or ruling and in the next game rub it in their face. Just kidding again. Show them the error of there ways and if they still don't agree, don't play them again. Its just a game and life's to short.

• Rebels: 5 X-wing, 3 Y-wing, 3 A-wing, 3 B-wing, 2 Hawk 290 and  a YT-1300
  • Imperial: 9 Tie fighters, 3 Advanced, 3 Interceoters, 2 Bombers, a Shuttle and Firspray 31

#6 LedZep

LedZep

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

Thank you guys. He did announce the play, I just forgot about it later and went looking for the rules and freaked out a little. Thing is I blew his tie right after that so he did not have a chance of using that move again…thus making me think about why did he did what he did when all I could see were generic tie fighter pilots…. I played with a guy who always helped and reminded me of taking actions. Good community out there!

#7 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

We need to keep this great comunity like this, to conserve the newbies, and try to expand it, greettings.

Kaxel Vofer.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS