Rulings… Space docks

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jinzo1stEdition

Jinzo1stEdition

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

My group and I…need a clarification abut some rules..

#1 -- If I Have a SPACEDOCK under blockade. I know that I can´t produce SHIPS…but I want to know; If I can produce GROUND FORCES and PDS´s?

#2 -- What we can do to prevent some player to gain VICTORY POINTS?

#3 -- Some friend told me, that when we use TRADE I and TRADE II…the current player that activates that strategy card is the one that can approve trade agreements between others players and that he can request a bribe…for example: trade Goods. But if we use TRADE III, everyone can do trade agreements with anyone that they wants without the approval of the current player holding the TRADE III Strategy card… Is this correct?

#4 -- If I have more than one planet in my home system…and other player takes control over one of my planets in my home…I lose Control of my home system entirely or not..? can I apply for Victory points?

Thanks….

#2 Archangelion

Archangelion

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

Jinzo1stEdition said:

My group and I…need a clarification abut some rules..

#1 -- If I Have a SPACEDOCK under blockade. I know that I can´t produce SHIPS…but I want to know; If I can produce GROUND FORCES and PDS´s?

#3 -- Some friend told me, that when we use TRADE I and TRADE II…the current player that activates that strategy card is the one that can approve trade agreements between others players and that he can request a bribe…for example: trade Goods. But if we use TRADE III, everyone can do trade agreements with anyone that they wants without the approval of the current player holding the TRADE III Strategy card… Is this correct?

#4 -- If I have more than one planet in my home system…and other player takes control over one of my planets in my home…I lose Control of my home system entirely or not..? can I apply for Victory points?

Thanks….

Answer to the first question, page 26 of the main rules adresses this in the final paragraph of the Space Dock rules. You may still build PDS and Ground Forces whilst under blockade, but nothing else.

To the second, you can take controll of their Home System (unless they are Saar) as noted on page 14 (it is in red text). The other option is to note what objectives the player has yet to claim, and try to stop the player from completing them in whatever way possible, takeing planets, forceing him to spend trade goods, ect.

To the third, yes, that is correct.

To the fourth, as I stated in my second answer, a player can disable your ability to claim Victory Points in this manner. If even ONE of your Home System's planets is controlled by another player, you may not claim Victory Points from Public or Secret Objectives. Again, all on page 14.

I hope this helps.

#3 Shadow

Shadow

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

Players, except Saar, cannot claim objectives if they lose control of their home system.

There are several PC cards that can remove or add VPs.

Many Secret objectives becomes obvious….like building lots of dreads or grabbing all the wormholes.  

If a player moves to Mecatol Rex, many Secret objectives require so many ships there. Attack and destroy enough ships to prevent him from claiming the Secret objective.

Never let that player get Bureaucracy strategy card so you can choose objectives he cannot do.

Make sure the Artifacts are well defended.

Many objecitves requires a strong fleet to claim an objective or lots of resources.

Break his trade agreements, take his planets, destroy his fleet and block his spacedocks will end most of his chances at claiming objectives.

Force the player to use all his sabotages because many times a player can be stopped with the right Action card.

Many games are decided in this way.  

Hit the VP leader with a bunch of action cards.  If he uses his sabotages up, his chances of winning the game goes down……. alot!

#4 Bowoodstock

Bowoodstock

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

Archangelion said: "To the third, yes, that is correct"

This is not true.  The trades must still be approved by the trade master. 

Pg 20 of Shards of the Throne rulebook, end of 1st paragraph referring to Trade III

"The player who activates the primary must approve all new trade agreements"

No, this doesn't mean he just says "I like those".  It means he can deny them, unless of course we're dealing with Hacan

#5 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

About the fourth question, it is also worth noting the definition of Control. I quote from memory: "You control a system if you own all planets in the system and have at least one (non-fighter) Ship there".

Pax Magnifica Bellum Gloriosum

#6 Archangelion

Archangelion

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

Bowoodstock said:

Archangelion said: "To the third, yes, that is correct"

This is not true.  The trades must still be approved by the trade master. 

Pg 20 of Shards of the Throne rulebook, end of 1st paragraph referring to Trade III

"The player who activates the primary must approve all new trade agreements"

No, this doesn't mean he just says "I like those".  It means he can deny them, unless of course we're dealing with Hacan

Yes, this is true. I missed it as I read only the card, and not the rules pertaining to the card. It annoys me that they didn't put those rules on the card itself, however I realize that there is already a great deal of info on the card. Forgive my hasty reply.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS