It's good to be back

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Tbla

Tbla

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

I haven't visited this forum for almost four months, I can't tell you why because I have no idea myself.

But it feels good to be here again and I'm glad to see that it is definitely the same good old carneval I left in november.
Looking at the first page of unread threads I can see one about protecting game pieces, one rule question about when to fight monsters and the always present "Which expansion should I buy next?" 

So now I have 7 pages of threads to rummage through. My evenings are no longer empty and pointless.

I just want to check though, are there any really big news that I have missed, like tha FAQ beeing released (that would actually be more of a miracle than just news)?
Btw, have they done something with the smileys?

And finaly

To all oldtimers, it's good to "see" all of you again. I hope you remember me even though I weren't here for very long before I left.
To all new users, I'm looking forward to discuss anything and everything with you.

#2 suicidepuppet

suicidepuppet

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

Hi and welcome back. It may be fate. Things across the board (no pun intended) seem to have lost steam and it's good to see the rested and ready return to the front lines.

If you enjoy fan created content it is a good time. Now to get spirits up…that's the secret. :)

Anyway, good to see you back and hope the fire is re-kindled under our favorite beast.

-thepuppet-

#3 Full Doom Track

Full Doom Track

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

I may or may not have read your post wrong, but a FAQ WAS released back in December of 2005.  I'm not sure if your'e aware of it, again, I wasn't able to tell by your post.  That's the big news.

A cool kickstarter project got funded fully and the company, Crafthulhu will be producing some amazing card organizers and gaming trays specifically for AH.  I keep hearing about this Arkham Horror podcast that started up but I have no idea about that at all.

Welcome back to the forums, glad the folks at Arkham Asylum were able to alleviate what ever malady you were suffering from.  The Ancient Ones are still out there in force so be on your guard!

#4 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

@ Tbla: Welcome back…the new-and-improved FAQ has quelled much of the discussions, though there are still a few rulings which make a few of us scratch our heads…see Nightgaunts.  Anyway, it's great to see a familiar fa..er, avatar!

@ Full Doom Track: Ha!  Thanks, as always for the plug…look forward to the next podcast!

Cheers, Joe

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#5 eiterorm

eiterorm

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

Full Doom Track said:

I may or may not have read your post wrong, but a FAQ WAS released back in December of 2005.  I'm not sure if your'e aware of it, again, I wasn't able to tell by your post.  That's the big news.

Tbla did write that he (she?) was only away for four months, though. Not eight years. =P

@Tbla: Welcome back!

#6 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,118 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

eiterorm said:

Tbla did write that he (she?) was only away for four months, though. Not eight years. =P

@Tbla: Welcome back!

::laughter:: Tbla, as you can see, we have the new FAQ out :-) With some wonderful bugs we can spend sleepless nights trying to fix. You happy, right?

Another good (maybe) thing is that Avi's League now is officially on the BGG (here). Uhm. Maybe I should open a thread just to point this out

And, of course, welcome back :-)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#7 Tbla

Tbla

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

@Full Doom Track: I was thinking about the updated FAQ, perhaps I was a bit vague

@eiterorm: You were right I am a he, my real name is Linus (a common swedish name if you are a cat or more than 75 years old, I'm neither).

About the updated FAQ: I don't believe it, I just took something unlikely out of the air and it turns out to be true.  asustado
Let's see if it works again,
Hey, I bet there are no new expansions anounced!

And to all of you: thanks for the warm welcome animado

#8 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,118 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

Tbla said:

@eiterorm: You were right I am a he, my real name is Linus (a common swedish name if you are a cat or more than 75 years old, I'm neither).

I'm quite relieved in not reading "if you are a cat or more than 75 years old, and I'm both). Ulthar's nice this time of year? ::laughter::

And let's hope the FFG Gods listen to your silent call!

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#9 eiterorm

eiterorm

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Tbla said:

Ah! So you're one of the few on this board who might actually comprehend my username. =P You and Nidhögg.

Tbla said:

Hey, I bet there are no new expansions anounced!

*drumroll*

Julia: It's probably a nice place any time of the year, as long as you don't harm he cats. ;-]

#10 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,118 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

eiterorm said:

Ah! So you're one of the few on this board who might actually comprehend my username. =P You and Nidhögg.

Or you can explain the hidden truth to all your forumites so that we can know :-)

#11 eiterorm

eiterorm

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

Julia said:

Or you can explain the hidden truth to all your forumites so that we can know :-)

It's not really much of a secret, but a completely accurate translation to any extra-Scandinavian language is, perhaps, impossible. The best translation to English would probably be "venom serpent", which is a great, yet not perfect, translation. ;-]

#12 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,118 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

Thx :-)

#13 Tbla

Tbla

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

eiterorm said:

Ah! So you're one of the few on this board who might actually comprehend my username. =P You and Nidhögg

I was wondering if it meant what I thought it did or if it were just some nonsence word in another language. Seems I was right =)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS