I have been thinking about all of the rules discussions and all of the nuances that we keep haggling over and I figured it might be useful to post a rules hierarchy for edge of the empire, by this I mean which source is currently the most accurate. So lets start at the top and work our way down until you find a current answer;
0) The GMs common sense - as informed by player common sense - as informed by the current version of a rule/skill/talent etc
1) Core Rulebook - this will supersede all previous versions of the rules.
2) Lead developer question response
3) Developer question response
4) Week 11 Beta update - this supersedes all previous beta updates and the beginner rules
5) Beginner Game Rulebook
6) Beginner Game Adventure
7) Beta updates 1 to 10 - I might be wrong about this as the beginner game might have been sent to printer before week 10?
8) Beta Rulebook
9) Message boards, forums and podcasts without developer input etc
10) anyone else that hasn't read the rules
And a good rule of thumb is that although descriptions of rules/skills/talents etc can be brief, they do describe all that is necessary to apply them in the game, see 0) above.