Epic Battle!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bkirchhoff

bkirchhoff

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

My gaming group pushed the game to it's limits last night.  A total of 646 points - evenly divided between Imperials (w/ 15 craft) and the Alliance (w/ 12 craft).  Crazy moments and a lot of fun.  We all enjoyed but walked away thinking that less is more and that we would want to fly with few total points next time around.  Here's a photo (updated with Flickr link):

http://www.flickr.co...33628/lightbox/

#2 odinfellhammer

odinfellhammer

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:59 AM

Picture is not being displayed.

#3 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:46 AM

Wow, it's sound like a good hours of fun, I really want to see the pìcture, greettings.

"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".

Kaxel Vofer.

#4 lkb57

lkb57

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Just follow this link and you'll find it:

http://www.flickr.co...s/brianandsteph

Looks intense!

#5 KnightShift

KnightShift

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Dude, that's insane!!!  I may have to steal that idea from ya :-D

#6 Cid_MCDP

Cid_MCDP

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

Cool stuff man! 

#7 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

Like i said before, WOW, How much time it takes?, and who win?, Imperials or Rebels?, how many friends play this game?, greettings.

Kaxel Vofer.

#8 bkirchhoff

bkirchhoff

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

It was a ton of fun.  We spent 3 hours playing and only got a couple of rounds in before we called it.  We had a total of four players playing and the Alliance was leading with more overall kills when we called it.

I had created a "An Order of Battle Sheet" that sorted out pilot order for each side.  One lesson learned was next time to have the list consoldiated for the overall integrated order of battle and a column to track movement and attack for each round (something simple to simply check when it was completed).

The Y-Wing was the favorite craft of the night.

Can't wait to try it again.

#9 executor

executor

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:35 AM

bkirchhoff said:

this has always been my ordeal with the Y-wing, it's a great ship when there are a large number of craft on the field and when it has a nice army behind it to support it, but in 100 points, it's not all that great of a ship. I have given the Y-wing a few tries and it really just doesn't work that great in low numbers of 100 point games

glad to hear it performs well in massive fleet battles though, that sounds like it was a lot of fun, what size map did you play on?

Current Fleet

Rebellion: 5 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300's, 2 E-wings, 1 Z-95, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 CR-90

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's, 2 Tie Phantoms, 2 Tie Defenders

#10 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

bkirchhoff said:

It was a ton of fun.  We spent 3 hours playing and only got a couple of rounds in before we called it.  We had a total of four players playing and the Alliance was leading with more overall kills when we called it.

I had created a "An Order of Battle Sheet" that sorted out pilot order for each side.  One lesson learned was next time to have the list consoldiated for the overall integrated order of battle and a column to track movement and attack for each round (something simple to simply check when it was completed).

Like Executor saids, Y wing is a good ship, it gives you a lot of fun, I see like a cow, slow, but strong, almost undangerous, but when it give momentum with the Ion Turret it will be deadly, it's a big target, and it will be recive almost the damage, but it will be resist a lot of, so it's a good ship, please upgrade the next time that your frinds have a new match, and thanks to give us a good moment, greettings.

Kaxel Vofer.

#11 bkirchhoff

bkirchhoff

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

We were playing on a table that is 4' x 8' and considered everything in play.  The lines took about 2 turns to get engaged and everyone larely stayed in the center of the table for the rest of the game.  Agreed…  we need more Falcon.

#12 spacemonkeymafia

spacemonkeymafia

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

Sounds fun! I would suggest running it as a scenario and not a last man standing type game.  We ran an 800 pt 42 total ship game as a modified shuttle run scenario (like the senator shuttle scenario in the Core rules). It was long, clocking in at 6 hours or so but it was good fun. Keeping a list of all the ships and current damage on a large whiteboard was key. Everything else was done per the game bits.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS