Photo

Players backgrounds for The Enemy Within..the REAL questions…

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:06 AM

Here are the 'other' things that I wanted to know from my players for their new characters for TEW (no spoilers).  We usually aim for at least an 8 on the  ptm before the game even starts ;)

Human Pistolier - Battle Scarred 
(region)
(military unit and experience) 
(typical way to dismiss enlisted men as peons; you're officer corps)
(noble line)
(horse and saddle quality)
(quality of the pistols you have and why they're not brand-spanking-new)
(knight order affiliated with; no bonus yet, but direction headed)
(relationship to the Fop and favorite way to ridicule those not brave enough to go into military service)

Initiate of Morr - Gently Born
Need to check up on the two religion books for WFRP3:  Tome pages 1, 9, 11, 16, 21-22, 35, 36, 37, 40;    Advanced/Signs:  p10, Caspar (p.10), pics on 16, 20, 24 dooming, 29, 30, 30+, 38; and the Garden of Morr location card)  
(region * BTW Brett, Morr is a major deity of the provinces of  Stirland and Ostland b/c of their proximity to the Vampire lands, however you may be from wherever you want.)
(order: Doomsayers Order of Augurs (dreamers/omen-readers) or Order of the Shroud?) 
(doomings for the other characters..do this on first session..we'll have to grab the old book and you can pick which is appropriate and that you'll need to point out and remind the other characters frequently that death is coming for them and how their dooming will be, well, the death of them)
(description of the rites of initiation you went through and the dream that occurred to get you into the priesthood)
(preference:  Skulls or cherub-like Angels of Death or a mix of the two with black roses and other such happy things)
(favorite clothing style:  goth or robes;;;  favorite color:  dark black or light black)

Gambler - Criminal  
(region) 
(organized crime organizations pissed off)
(favorite gambling halls in Averheim, Altdorf and Middenheim)
(Rate which you're best at:  dice, cards, betting on events)
(Doc Holiday gambler   or    Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack gambler   or    Kenny Rogers gambler     or   James Bond   gambler)
(names of a couple Warhammer-sounding card/dice games that incorporate Emporer Karl Franz's name)
(favorite way to talk to floozies)
(primary drink and face when gambling)
(favorite things to say to nobles when you take them for any amount of money)

Fop - Academic  
(region)  
(noble line association to Ubersreik in Lure of Power p. 12)  
(favorite way to dismiss silver tier characters without them knowing they've been insulted)
(favorite type of brass tier character to scrape filth off of shoes)
(least favorite time to get out of bed in the morning after a night of drinking and whoring)
(name of favorite nanny that you moan out the name of while you sleep)
(favorite way to put down nobles that were sent to the military)
(academic line of studies:  rowing club, partying, the Gentleman's Club, or did you actually knuckle down and study when you weren't out playing captain kirk?)
(name of aunt that has you on a short leash whenever it is convenient for her that you have to obey or else your inheritance is in question..will this woman ever die already???)

#2 Angelic Despot

Angelic Despot

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:04 AM

Great set of questions.   I'm not very familiar with the Morr stuff being referenced, so can't really comment on that.

Re: the gambler's favourite haunts, you might want to consider other major cities besides Altdorf and Middenheim.   Otherwise the question might be considered somewhat leading!

#3 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

Initiate of morr.

ravens, you cant beat a good raven icon

Funny, I tried looking for Morr images, clerics artwork and found none.

Since Warhammer came out has there been no artwork or minitatures for a Morr cleric?

#4 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

DurakBlackaxe said:

Initiate of morr.

ravens, you cant beat a good raven icon

Funny, I tried looking for Morr images, clerics artwork and found none.

Since Warhammer came out has there been no artwork or minitatures for a Morr cleric?

1st edition had reasonable pictures of the cultists of Morr. They wear black robes and some runes. According to current fluff and images they all decorate themselves with every actual skull they can get their hands on and are more into dark purple velvet. I quess years from 2512 to whatever the current year is made a big difference to their coffers.

The Daily Empire - An inspirational & resource site for all games of Warhammer

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#5 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

There are pictures of priests of Morr in Signs of Faith as well as in the Tome of Blessings.

jh

#6 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

I've been tailoring my questions to each PC as their career/race becomes known in addition to background choice, putting some "briefing information" in as well and adding detail to the interPC linking questions.  I think it's good for a GM to take the questions on the card/in that part of book as "jumping off point".  You can combine them with the 10 questions for character background in the Players Guide if you like (there is some overlap at times).

#7 neilgfoster

neilgfoster

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

Heres the artwork from Signs of Faith for the Priests of Morr. The artist has the images on their Deviant Art page: http://nachomolina.d...h-III-191097060

WFRP3E Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds 2: http://www.theforbid...oleplay-v3.html

WFRP3E Google Hangout Dice Roller: http://www.theforbid...oleplay-v3.html

WFRP3E Character Sheet: http://www.theforbid...oleplay-v3.html

#8 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

Fantastic stuff.  Its cool to see the enlarged pictures that were cropped in the product.

.  Here's the actual picture for Edge of Night then too. :

I think this one's my favorite:

#9 cparadis

cparadis

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

I also really like this one for a priest of Morr. http://rodgallery.de...ame-2-180950379

#10 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

Sorry that my query about how Morr priests look seem to have made the post go off topic.

Just meant to query if from the text in the various products what a priest of morr looked like in pictures, the skull/black rose/ raven was an emblem, totem, belt buckle, necklace etc. My searches on pictures for icons for Morr had turned up nothing.

From the two linked pictures, the warhammer invasion one is sort of how I had them pictured in my head.  The larger one, just didnt appear in my head at all. You think they be more respectful to the bones of the dead, instead of wearing them. But then again from watching Cadfael, the worship of holy bones in little boxes seemed common in the dark ages.

In warhammer, dwarves and Morr have been the interests I have liked the most. I tend to get side tracked when I read about them.

If I could ask, How do you as a GM deal with Augur, forseeing the future via dreams?  The dreams sound to me like your forcing the game to go down a path so the dream happens.  Its actually the one area of magic I find difficult to deal with in RP, future telling. Its okay reading in books as they are locked into the script. Celestial wizards had similar abilities as well.

#11 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:12 AM

We just finished up a campaign that had a mystic (and later a witch), both with the OMEN spell.  I also tend to use the omens & portents rules from Signs of Faith a LOT.

Here's how I do it:

I keep it simple really.  I just foreshadow some future event from the scenario.  Basically, I give the character and image or dream of something.  I do this a lot anyways with players, kind of like watching a TV show where they show you a preview of what's to come.

A lot of times, I'll just show the players some artwork from the future (usually the art at the beginning of the chapter.  Then they know what they're in for.

jh

#12 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

Emirikol said:

We just finished up a campaign that had a mystic (and later a witch), both with the OMEN spell.  I also tend to use the omens & portents rules from Signs of Faith a LOT.

Here's how I do it:

I keep it simple really.  I just foreshadow some future event from the scenario.  Basically, I give the character and image or dream of something.  I do this a lot anyways with players, kind of like watching a TV show where they show you a preview of what's to come.

A lot of times, I'll just show the players some artwork from the future (usually the art at the beginning of the chapter.  Then they know what they're in for.

jh

Thanks, thats makes sense.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS