• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mrgoodtrips

mrgoodtrips

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

Hi

im new to the game and am looking for advice on 100pt load outs for a rebel fleet for my first tornament. i currently have 3 core sets and one y wing. 2 tie advanced expansions. i have played about with the following list,  feedback please.

luke skywalker-r2d2-marksmanship

rookie pilot

rookie pilot

gold sqdrn y-wing ion cannon-r2astromech

also i am looking for clarification on the ion cannon,  if i score a hit and defender removes a sheild do they stiil apply an ion token even though i havent damaged ship?

cheers.

c

#2 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

mrgoodtrips said:

Hi

im new to the game and am looking for advice on 100pt load outs for a rebel fleet for my first tornament. i currently have 3 core sets and one y wing. 2 tie advanced expansions. i have played about with the following list,  feedback please.

luke skywalker-r2d2-marksmanship

rookie pilot

rookie pilot

gold sqdrn y-wing ion cannon-r2astromech

also i am looking for clarification on the ion cannon,  if i score a hit and defender removes a sheild do they stiil apply an ion token even though i havent damaged ship?

cheers.

In answer to your rules quetion, yes, a ship with shields that is hit by an Ion Cannon Turret still takes the Ion Token.

As for your squad, I like it very well. I'd either move the R2 Astromech to a Rookie, or I would change it to an R5 Astromech and keep it on the Y-wing. A Y-wing with a 360 degree weapon doesn't need to Koiogran turn as often, so removing stress with a green maneuver is not as critical. However with 5 hull points the face-up damage cards with the ship trait will stack up, and R5 can help those turn to regular hits so you can 

You said you played about with the squad. Did you mean just that you toyed with the idea or you actually used it in combat? If you've used it before, feel free to provide a battle report: I'd love to read it!

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#3 mrgoodtrips

mrgoodtrips

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

yes have used this successfully in a few games,luke had swarm tactics to start with, this list is actually 1 point over but cant seem to squeeze a decent tornament list using these box contents. prefer my ion cannon to fire at lower pilot skill because by the time it fires id should have put enough shots into the target at pilot skill 8 with luke and/or rookie pilot that the evade token used up so makes its shooting more effective.

c

#4 BigDogg

BigDogg

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:19 AM

the R5 unit will help out the y-wing more than a R2 and i like swarm way more than marksmenship

• Rebels: 5 X-wing, 3 Y-wing, 3 A-wing, 3 B-wing, 2 Hawk 290 and  a YT-1300
  • Imperial: 9 Tie fighters, 3 Advanced, 3 Interceoters, 2 Bombers, a Shuttle and Firspray 31

#5 mrgoodtrips

mrgoodtrips

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

Got the torny this coming sat. Based on what ive got here are my two final lists.

luke skywalker/r2d2

gold sqdrn pilot/ion cannon/r5d8

rookie pilot

rookie pilot

luke r2d2

2x rookie pilots r2 astromech

1 x rookie pilot r2f2.

cant choose, any ideas?

c

#6 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

mrgoodtrips said:

Got the torny this coming sat. Based on what ive got here are my two final lists.

luke skywalker/r2d2

gold sqdrn pilot/ion cannon/r5d8

rookie pilot

rookie pilot

luke r2d2

2x rookie pilots r2 astromech

1 x rookie pilot r2f2.

cant choose, any ideas?

The nice thing about list two is that there are no really juicy targets. If you fly right (unpredictably) you could force your opponent to distribute damage across all your ships. The R2 Astromechs will definitely help you do that.

The nice thing about list one is the Ion Cannon Turret. I'm not sold on R5-D8, but go ahead and give it a try.

I love the ion cannon, and diversity in general, so I would probably choose the first list.

#7 BigDogg

BigDogg

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:47 AM

Numer 1 with the Y-wing

• Rebels: 5 X-wing, 3 Y-wing, 3 A-wing, 3 B-wing, 2 Hawk 290 and  a YT-1300
  • Imperial: 9 Tie fighters, 3 Advanced, 3 Interceoters, 2 Bombers, a Shuttle and Firspray 31

#8 mrgoodtrips

mrgoodtrips

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:01 AM

was thinking the r5 d8 droid good for repairing damage, on a ship that has 5 hull is viable, on an x wing not so much use as less hull points mean they can die quicker.  got my torny on sat, its actually a late kessel run event cos our club didnt have enough entrants first time round.  have plyed about with rebel fleets and try to get my target locks on early usually on the first pass which then sets them up to set up a focus at close range next round, prefer to target ships with lower pilot skill first as these seem more numerous.

c

#9 mrgoodtrips

mrgoodtrips

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

had torny at weekend and won myself a A wing.  The list I used was the one with luke/r2d2-swarm tactics, gold sqdrn pilot r2 astromech,ion-2x rookie pilots.   came 4th overall.    round 1 i was up against a three ship rebel build with wedge, luke, y wing, i crippled wedge early, then luke.just before time was called my y wing took the final hit of opponents y wing.   my tactics throughout the torny were to stay in a square formation with a base width between each ship for mutual supprt.  game 2 was against an imperial swarm, 5 tie fighters and darth.  my opponent made the mistake of coming at me with 2 groups, one of three ties and the other with darth and 2 ties,   on my first pass i managed to target lock all three ships, in my next round we were closing head to head i used the force and all my ships focussed, by this point we were litteraly head to head at point blanc range due to my use of speed one manuvres, the resulting first pass left the first three ties with only 1 hit left each so then i concentrated on darth and his mob leaving the y wing to finnish off the damaged ties, resulted in a draw when time was called i had luke left and y wing he only had darth left so slight victory to me.  round three was up against rbel build that had wedge r2d2, 2 y wings and i think a rookie pilot. took out wedge early but ion cannons made my undamaged y wing fly off the board, at the end was just luke and 2 y wings left, luke spent the next few rounds ioned taking the hit on his sheild, if he survived would scrape another win on points, finaly broke free of the ion cannon but had no sheilds so risked a u turn to try and take the last hit off on of the y wings, 2 minutes before time was called luke and r2 exploded .   when results read out i was ranked fourth with one win one partial win one loss. was ranked against my mate in the fourth round so we agreed on which ship we would take home before we even started the game. last game was tired and trying to watch falcon on the next table, lost this game so came fourth overall out of ten,  had good enjoyable day, off to play with my new A wing;)

c

#10 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Nice report. I've been looking forward to hearing how your Kessel Run went.

Do you feel that this squad fared better than the other squad would have? Were there any mistakes that you felt sealed your fate? (I'm particularly interested in how your Y-wing ended up flying off the map at full health -- why was he pointed towards the edge to be ion cannoned?)

#11 mrgoodtrips

mrgoodtrips

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

Yes the list I took had luke r2d2  swarm tactics,   this combo faired well swarm tactics paid off in all my games.  set up in a  box formation and held formattion as long as possible, the idea being just to hit them head on and maximise close range damage,  most tie swarms i have fought tend to split into two, one to out flank whilst the other ties you up(no pun intended).This worked well as most of the sheilds can withstand this first pass.  y wing had r2 astromech droid  and ion cannon,  this worked well but didnt really use droid ability much. as for it flying off the board with full health, the game was against a rookie,wedge,2 y wing combo,   took out wedge in first round of shooting with 3 target locks,  went bad from there,  firstly i made the mistake of assigning the wrong maneuvre to my y wing( truth is i needed a pee and was rushing a bit)rather than left went right, a common mistake when ship is facing you, then opponents ion cannon opened up and by he time i was un ioned couldnt turn sharp enough and left the board. managed to destroy his other x wing, thn mine died then his 2 ions picked on luke.     

c

#12 mrgoodtrips

mrgoodtrips

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

Yes the list I took had luke r2d2  swarm tactics,   this combo faired well swarm tactics paid off in all my games.  set up in a  box formation and held formattion as long as possible, the idea being just to hit them head on and maximise close range damage,  most tie swarms i have fought tend to split into two, one to out flank whilst the other ties you up(no pun intended).This worked well as most of the sheilds can withstand this first pass.  y wing had r2 astromech droid  and ion cannon,  this worked well but didnt really use droid ability much. as for it flying off the board with full health, the game was against a rookie,wedge,2 y wing combo,   took out wedge in first round of shooting with 3 target locks,  went bad from there,  firstly i made the mistake of assigning the wrong maneuvre to my y wing( truth is i needed a pee and was rushing a bit)rather than left went right, a common mistake when ship is facing you, then opponents ion cannon opened up and by he time i was un ioned couldnt turn sharp enough and left the board. managed to destroy his other x wing, thn mine died then his 2 ions picked on luke.     

c

#13 mrgoodtrips

mrgoodtrips

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

just for clarification the squad i took was   Luke R2D2/swarm tactics      GoldSqdrn y wing -ioncannon/R2 astromech     2 x X-wing rookie.

have posted about  a wing on the rules part of the forum, quite an intresting little ship:)

c

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS