4 replies to this topic

#1 Talism

Talism

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

a couple of newb questions. since i never play targ

griff

If Griff would be killed, instead attach him to your House Card as your only agenda with text: 'If you do not control more attachments than each opponent, unattach Griff and return him to play. Response: After a attachment you control is discarded from play, kneel 1 influence to return it to your hand'

pentos

No attachments. Response: Discard a attachment (cannot be saved) from a character you control to save that character from being killed or discarded from play. If you trigger this response during the epic phase,draw a card.

1. so im wonderng if, i use pentos to save a character, can you use griff to return the card to hand. as your not saving it, your just changing the moribund destnation. i think…

2. if they have more attachments then you, you HAVE to return griff to play?

3. if i griff is my chargender, and one of my characters with a attachment leaves play, dead, hand , discard. i can use griff to return the attachment to my hand?

#2 Talism

Talism

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

one more question. if there is copy of griff in my dead pile, and he gets put back into play. does he go to the dead pile or break the rules.

#3 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

1. Yes, you can, precisely because it is a replacement effect.
  2. Griff's text as an agenda is a passive ability, which means it happens whether you want it or not.
  3. When a card leaves play (for any reason), its attachments are discarded as a passive effect. So you can use Griff to return them to your hand (provided they are Targaryen).
  4. Neither. The rule about unique cards prevents him from going back to play, so he stays as your agenda.

#4 Talism

Talism

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

thanks khudzlin

i was on the money with the first 3, but last one i wasnt sure. 

#5 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

You're welcome.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS