Photo

Dungeon Quest - G-Gee version question???

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FunkyFlyChicken

FunkyFlyChicken

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

Hello, I am wondering what you all have to do with the G-Gee release of "Dungeon Quest" on Android.

I love the idea of having more of your boardgames on Android devices, but this one appeared and then disappeared off of the Google Play store.  I still have it installed, and there are a few issues I have with it.

1)  It's no where near the polish that you all have exhibited on titles like Elder Sign: Omens and Hey!  That's My Fish.  It has a clunky social network login that is required when you first launch the "game", then you have a button to press to actually launch the game itself.  Bleh.  Then you are bombared with about 7 "Connecting to Network" messages before you actually get to the menu, to choose the style of game.

2)  I have no problem with the other modes using IAP's of some sort to drive the game, since the original download was free.  However, I'd much prefer it in the style that you all have done your other games in.  I also hate that Dungeon Quest must always have an internet connection to run, when it's mostly solo affair (I believe even the "Original" mode, which replicates the board game exactly, only allows 1 player, and fills in any others with CPU players, which is horrible imo.  Should allow for additional real players, pass-n-play or online).

3)  Is this really something you licensed to an outside developer?  I ask because it just seems like the typical kind of "crap" card games out on the market now, that are mostly "pay to win".  Like I said, there is so much polish to Elder Sign: Omens and Hey!  That's My Fish, something of this level almost tarnishes the FFG name, if people start to associate apps like "Dungeon Quest" with you all.

The game is no longer on the Google Play store, however.  I have no idea why.  G-Gee/GMO has not responded to any posts or messages via Facebook, and I cannot find any other information anywhere about the game.  Hoping someone here might have some info on it.

Thanks!

--Bill

#2 FunkyFlyChicken

FunkyFlyChicken

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

This has been viewed 15 times, but no official response?  G-Gee hasn't said one word either, they actually still have the post advertising the game on their Facebook page (Where I asked what was going on, as well as sent a private message to no avail).  There is no word from them on removing the game, if/when it's coming back, nothing.  Nada.

I honestly, though, expected a quicker reply from Fantasy Flight Games.  I have loved all of your digital board games, as well as the physical ones that I've had the privilege to buy/play so far, and your customer service has been second to none.  But this post gets no reply!?!?

I think you all made a mistake by licensing.  I am guessing you licensed it maybe for a foreign market, and only that specific foreign market, and that's why the app has been pulled without word.

I would urge you all to make your own version of it, though.  Do not license your properties out to lame 3rd parties, when you do such a great job yourselves.  We don't want the typical korean devs slamming us with FFG properties full of IAP's and wonky network connection and card collecting /IAP laden crap.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS