Sarcosian wave generator/Player rules?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 weaver95

weaver95

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

ok, i'm drawing a blank.  was there mention in any DH rulebook/sourcebook about a player character tech priest finding and installing a sarcarsian wave generator…?  I could have sworn there was something like it in one of the more recent books but my brain is refusing to cooperate tonight.

#2 Emperor Castaigne

Emperor Castaigne

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

The Heretek Savant Alternate Rank from The Radical's Handbook can take the Anima Aura talent, representing having a Sarcosan Wave Generator installed. There's also the heretical Magos Vathek in Ascension who uses some different rules for it.

#3 weaver95

weaver95

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Emperor Castaigne said:

The Heretek Savant Alternate Rank from The Radical's Handbook can take the Anima Aura talent, representing having a Sarcosan Wave Generator installed. There's also the heretical Magos Vathek in Ascension who uses some different rules for it.

Vathek, that's the name I couldn't remember.  should have known to go look at the radical's handbook tho.  brain no workie tonight…

thanks man!  i'll go pull some books off my book shelf.

#4 thor2006

thor2006

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

What is Sarcosian wave generator and why it is tech heresy?

#5 Glimmer

Glimmer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

http://warhammer40k...._Wave_Generator

A Sarcosan Wave Generator, also sometimes known as an Anima Chorus, is a heretical device that can reanimate dead tissue and thereby grant unholy life to those who should be dead.

#6 thor2006

thor2006

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

Glimmer said:

A Sarcosan Wave Generator, also sometimes known as an Anima Chorus, is a heretical device that can reanimate dead tissue and thereby grant unholy life to those who should be dead.

The resurected people are just zombies or are sapient and with their old personality back?

If they are just zombies ,it is an idiotic way to create what would be new servitors. All that trouble just for fancy new servitors.

#7 weaver95

weaver95

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

thor2006 said:

Glimmer said:

The resurected people are just zombies or are sapient and with their old personality back?

If they are just zombies ,it is an idiotic way to create what would be new servitors. All that trouble just for fancy new servitors.

oh they come back with their minds intact.  that's rather the point.  there's hints and rumors that the sarcosian wave generator effect is used by a heretical group called 'the night cult', that believes the device can be used to fulfill an ancient prophecy - that that the faithful can and will be resurrected to fight by the emperors side at the Final Battle to decide the fate of mankind. 

the sarcosian wave generator also comes in various sizes - from 'man portable' size (which can be installed in a tech priest) up to Rogue Trader sized ship components.  mind you, i'm not sure what sort of stats I'd use for a starship sized ship component but now you've got me pondering how to include this in my next Rogue Trader campaign!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS