changing seasons

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Robby Stark

Robby Stark

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

what if there are no ravens but crown of winter and crown of mereen are in play at the same time? 

#2 Underworld40k

Underworld40k

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

It is both summer and winter at once. There is no rule conflict from the constant/passive effects from the crowns (with the crowns i cant remember which they are, id go constant but they are probably passive), the only thing that turns them off are a raven of the appropriate type, the ravens song plot card or blanking them (obviously removing them from play as well).

#3 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

Remember that, in this circumstance, any and all effects that state "if it is winter, do X," or "if it is summer, do X" will apply, while any and all effects that state "if it is not winter/summer…" will be null. Also, any card that states two different effects, both "if it is summer…" and "if it is winter…," you now have a choice of which to trigger… or both will go off if it is passive.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#4 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

stormwolf27 said:

or both will go off if it is passive.

Oops. Hit publish too soon… if both are going to go off (passive), I believe first player determines what order they resolve in.

#5 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

All crowns' effects that create seasons are conditional constants (if blah raven is not in play). The Crown of Meereen also has a response and the Crown of Azor Ahai has an any phase, but these do not create seasons.

#6 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

Khudzlin said:

All crowns' effects that create seasons are conditional constants (if blah raven is not in play). The Crown of Meereen also has a response and the Crown of Azor Ahai has an any phase, but these do not create seasons.

Careful with your wording. I'm going to assume you mean the triggered response and any phase actions when you say "they" do not create seasons. You're right of course, but, by your wording, it might confuse others who are not as familiar with the rules in this instance.

#7 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

Well, since I first said the effects that create seasons are conditional constants, I assumed I was clear enough.

#8 mdc273

mdc273

• Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

I thought all card effects trigger from top to bottom in order? So if says "stand after playing an event if it is summer… kneel after playing an event if it is winter" it would ultimately be knelt.

#9 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,574 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

mdc273 said:

I thought all card effects trigger from top to bottom in order? So if says "stand after playing an event if it is summer… kneel after playing an event if it is winter" it would ultimately be knelt.
No.

Within a single effect, you go in order, but when you have two different effects, they are completely independent - even if they are on the same card. So in the case you are theorizing, the "if it is summer…" and "if it is winter…" effects are separate and conflicting, so the First Player chooses the order, just like he would if they were printed on different cards.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS