• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rogue 3

Rogue 3

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

got 2 on the table

can they both remove the same damage and each give a damage?

#2 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

Rogue 3 said:

got 2 on the table

Questionable Contacts

Reaction: After you refresh, damage this objective to move 1 damage from a target friendly unit to a target enemy unit.

The objective does not "remove" and "give" damage, it "takes" and "moves" damage. It takes 1 damage to itself, and moves 1 damage from a friendly unit to an enemy unit. If you have two of them in play and you choose to use the reaction on both, each objective would take 1 damage. Then you could move 1 damage from two different friendly units, or 2 damage from a single friendly unit. You could move that damage to two different enemy units (1 each), or both to the same enemy unit.

Perhaps this has been answered before, but it just came to me. If your Questionable Contacts is destroyed by the use of its own Reaction, does it count towards the Dark Side victory? I would say no. That is interesting, because you can delay a DS victory by a timely destruction of your own objective. Or you could shoot yourself in the foot by using the ability to a point where it becomes an easy kill for your opponent.

#3 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

ziggy2000 said:

Rogue 3 said:

got 2 on the table

Questionable Contacts

Reaction: After you refresh, damage this objective to move 1 damage from a target friendly unit to a target enemy unit.

The objective does not "remove" and "give" damage, it "takes" and "moves" damage. It takes 1 damage to itself, and moves 1 damage from a friendly unit to an enemy unit. If you have two of them in play and you choose to use the reaction on both, each objective would take 1 damage. Then you could move 1 damage from two different friendly units, or 2 damage from a single friendly unit. You could move that damage to two different enemy units (1 each), or both to the same enemy unit.

Perhaps this has been answered before, but it just came to me. If your Questionable Contacts is destroyed by the use of its own Reaction, does it count towards the Dark Side victory? I would say no. That is interesting, because you can delay a DS victory by a timely destruction of your own objective. Or you could shoot yourself in the foot by using the ability to a point where it becomes an easy kill for your opponent.

From rules text p23…

"When one of a player's current objective cards is destroyed, it is placed in his[or her] opponent's victory pile…"

Unless you can build a very very good defense, using this ability too often can get you in some big trouble. Sometimes it might be to your advantage to kill the objective to move that damage off your vital character, but for the most part, I say let this be smuggler resource, and nothing else.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#4 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:35 AM

That's what I get for asking before actually looking in the rulebook… atontado

I agree with the rest of your assessment as well.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS