Photo

Valour of Ages: Elf Supplement for WFRP3 is now available; more contributions are welcome

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Announcement:  Valour of Ages, the Elf Supplement for WFRP3 (part I) has been uplaoded to RPGGeek.com.  You can all thank Yepsnopes for his Book of the Asur as the reason this project finally got launched. http://rpggeek.com/r.../valour-of-ages  The download will be in the files section shortly

The way it is set up now, ANYONE can upload additional careers, beastiary entries, or whatever you want to the FILES section of that page.  Please contritube your house rules, articles, questions or anything you want.

I'm hoping that we can get Druchii (Nepthys?), and 3e Wood Elf adaptations loaded up as we go now.  I'm also contributing two scenarios to the project.  If any of you would like to work on some adaptations of Defenders of the Forest (see Liber Fanatica), more wood elf careers, items, and bestiary entries are welcome!

Again, thanks to Yepesnopes for doing all the real work on this :)

#2 Mexorlon

Mexorlon

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

Amazing!!!! Simply amazing Work you guys are doing!!!

thanks a gezillion

when i have grown at little hair on my back, i Will try to help the Best I can.

Mex

#3 chriscdoa

chriscdoa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:46 AM

i'm working on some wood elf careers. have statted 3 more for Wardancer and 3 more for Waywater, just need to put them into SE, find art and write special abilities (the hard bit)

#4 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

Excellent job getting going on the Wood Elf stuff.  As soon as you get them in Strange Eons, export them (do the single page export where front/back are on the same PDF page) and upload them to the FILES section there as a PDF.  If you have any trouble, just let me know.  

It takes the moderator a couple days to get them approved.  Also, after you've designed a few of these things, get yourself lsited as a "Game Designer" and we'll put you on the credits.  (It takes about 2 months to get listed as a game designer.)

If any of you can get a hold of Nepthys, we'd like to get his Dark Elf stuff put there as well.

Enjoy!

jh

#5 chriscdoa

chriscdoa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

I take it you mean on RPG Geek site….but how does one get listed as a games designer?!

#6 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

At the top where it says "misc" you can create "person"

jh

#7 chriscdoa

chriscdoa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

http://that70sgame.w...eers-wardancer/

Link to the first 3 careers.

Will upload to RPGGeek once people have given them the once over. Art is from all over (really hard to find wardancer art), and text is part from Wardancer career and also from WFB Army book.

#8 chriscdoa

chriscdoa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

I couldnt export the files into a pdf.

Project export put them in a zip, so i had to single export every file into jpgs (except they all went as zips first)

How do i do this more quickly - it was a right pain!

#9 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

I know what you mean!  For all the ones that I've done so far I have to extract them and upload them from there.  You could give feedback to the Strange Eon's guy (Hurlanc).  there's a thread for it in house rules.

jh

#10 chriscdoa

chriscdoa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

http://that70sgame.w...rs-waywatchers/

Link to waywatchers careers

Have also touched up pictures on Wardancer careers:

http://that70sgame.w...eers-wardancer/

#11 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

They look impressive.  Its nice to have intermediate and advanced careers for the waywatcher and wardancer (etc.).  Good work!

jh

#12 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:18 AM

Funny that this fan product's concept has already overtaken FFG's Star Wars in popularity over on RPGgeek's hotness list..but what the heck would the fans know ?  atontado

Kudos to Yepesnopes for putting in the effort for all the careers.  Part II should be out within the month.  Again, anyone with ANY contributions on the Elf project are welcome to post and upload AT WILL over there.  Strange-Eons presentations are preferable, as they are in standardized formatting.

Obviously we have great content to draw from in the wfb products, so get original and come up with more careers, stories, items, locations, scenarios, monsters, and fiction.  

jh

#13 HopefulHammerer

HopefulHammerer

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

I am really loving the potential of this supplement.  It actually convinced me to create an account on RPGGeek.

A couple of notes:

• It's hard to read the 2nd and 3rd Waywatcher careers that have been posted elsewhere since they do not link to larger versions of the images.
  • The Elite Wardancer career seems to end in the middle of a sentence.  Can that be cleaned up?

Separate question:

• Is it possible to create a career ability card in Strange Eons?  I'm sticking with version 2 for the time being because I couldn't find an easy way to create a card for Schlaf that one of my players needs as a reference due to "experimentation" with the effects.

I've only just found Yepesnopes PDF file through Dropbox (I missed the link several times, apparently) so I haven't had a chance to check that one out and review it.  Will post my thoughts when I get the opportunity.

#14 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

The wood elf careers are looking great.

One point though. The Blade singer career ability is extremely powerfull. Especially in combination with action cards like reckless cleave or doulbe strike.

Cheers,

Yepes

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#15 chriscdoa

chriscdoa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

Will update my blog with some fixes.

i have sent the file ti upload to RPGG but will then need to make changes…can i update it, or is that a whole nother file?

#16 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

I would just send version numbers when upload files:  version 1.0,  1.2, etc.

That's how they work it.

jh

#17 chriscdoa

chriscdoa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

HopefulHammerer said:

I am really loving the potential of this supplement.  It actually convinced me to create an account on RPGGeek.

A couple of notes:

• It's hard to read the 2nd and 3rd Waywatcher careers that have been posted elsewhere since they do not link to larger versions of the images.
  • The Elite Wardancer career seems to end in the middle of a sentence.  Can that be cleaned up?

Separate question:

• Is it possible to create a career ability card in Strange Eons?  I'm sticking with version 2 for the time being because I couldn't find an easy way to create a card for Schlaf that one of my players needs as a reference due to "experimentation" with the effects.

I've only just found Yepesnopes PDF file through Dropbox (I missed the link several times, apparently) so I haven't had a chance to check that one out and review it.  Will post my thoughts when I get the opportunity.

Fixed problem with careers not showing big

spotted problem with Wardancer. Sentence is correct but mistyped and badly explained. There is no option for ANY in strange eons - so the 3rd option is Meant to say ANY, not Tactic. may alter in photoshop/GIMP when i make other changes

Yepesnopes -

i found the special abilities the hardest bit to do (well, that graphics and text, stats are easy as the follow certain rules) do you have any suggestions. Believe it or not that is toned down from the original version!

#18 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

chriscdoa said:

Yepesnopes -

i found the special abilities the hardest bit to do (well, that graphics and text, stats are easy as the follow certain rules) do you have any suggestions. Believe it or not that is toned down from the original version!

That is indeed one of the hardest parts. For me was a pain when I was designing careers for the book of the Asur, especially the High Elf wizard path.

What worked for me was play test, discussion in the forums but finally my own taste ;)

I will read the Wardancer career and all the path you have designed and give you my five cents.

Cheers,

Yepes

#19 chriscdoa

chriscdoa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

Due to issues with non original artwork i wont be able to upload the woodelf careers to rpggeek. Will just have to host pdf myself.

#20 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Hey,

I have read the Wardancer career path and the Wardancer entries from the Wood elf army list. Here are some thoughts that you may want to consider or just ignore completely. They are only ment as a reflexion.

- The Forest Demon career is listed as a Elite career. It should have four talents slots instead of three. Additionally, Elite careers have between 12 an 13 advances instead of the normal 10. Finally, the "Any" talent slot only appears in careers with the "Heroic" trait. Nevertheless, I don't think it will be game breaking, just out of the "norm".

- After reading the Army book, I would design the tattoos more in line with the Gutplate of the Maneater rather than in line with the Troll Slayer. For example:

Talismanic Tattos: Soak 1, Defence 2, and you may spend fatigue, stress or wounds once per to session to ignore a critical wound.

- As for the Bladesinger, it appears to be some thematic contradiction between the warhammer 3 rpg and the army book. While in the army book they say that wardancers tend to fight with many different weapons, dual swords, two handed, spears… the rpg seems to favour the dual wielding style wardancer. In the army book they say that since they fight with so many different weapons, units of wardancers may add 1 to their Strength and 1 to their attack characteristic. You can for example give a career ability that would be +1 damage to all melee attacks (the same as the giant slayer), although it is a bit boring. You can use the assassin career idea (very nice one) or a variant of it like for example

boon +1 damage

boon boon: +1 damage, perform a free manoeuvre

An option to keep your proposed career ability would be to restric it to a certain type of action cards, for example

boon boon: add the secondary weapon DR to the total melee damage of any melee action card with the Ritual Dance trait.

Although I still think +5 damage is way to much.

I hope this may be interesting for you, but at the end is a matter of styles.

Cheers,

Yepes

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS