• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 WombatMan

WombatMan

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

Guys,

In the High Temple in the City if you roll certain totals (i think it is between 7 and 9) you go to the Warlocks Cave and roll to see what quest you go on.  I am wondering what happens if you are using Warlock Quest Cards.  When you use the Warlock Quest Cards and visit the Warlock's Cave you normally pick a Warlocks Quest card and finish that quest as soon as possible then you are automatically teleported back to the Warlock's Cave and given a Talisman.  Do you still roll to see what quest you go on or can you pick up a Warlock's Quest card instead.

#2 Nidhögg

Nidhögg

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

You pick a Quest-card instead.

#3 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

On this one, even before the City, we shuffle the deck of Quest cards and you draw the top one. (house rule?)

#4 Nidhögg

Nidhögg

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

0beron said:

On this one, even before the City, we shuffle the deck of Quest cards and you draw the top one. (house rule?)

Sorry, I used the wrong term. You are right off course.

#5 GrimGuvna

GrimGuvna

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:54 AM

On the subject of Warlock Quests and the City, how are you implementing  the particular Warlocks quest that says "Travel to the City"

The fluff text goes on about the Square of Kings and the fountain, so are you actually travelling to the Square of Kings in the City to fulfill the warlocks quest or keeping it as the actual city space on the main board still?

#6 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:06 AM

The fluff text goes on about the Square of Kings and the fountain, so are you actually travelling to the Square of Kings in the City to fulfill the warlocks quest or keeping it as the actual city space on the main board still?

This will overly increase the difficulty of an already difficult Warlock Quest, so we never had the urge to be compliant to flavour text.

By the way, did you notice in the preview "No Ordinary Walk in the Woods" that the Woodland has a "Witch Tree" space? The quest "Travel to Cursed Glade" mentions a Witch Tree where the Talisman is hidden, but that is supposed to be in the Cursed Glade, not in the Forest. :D

#7 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:56 AM

I kinda dig the flavor text.  IN my very last game I did in fact get the quest to go to the City and decided to do it in accordance with the flavor text, which meant, I had to land / arrive on the Square of Kings, during the night phase.  I did manage to do it and not so uneasily, but I can see where it makes it a bit harder.

Hey, Warlock, I remember posting something a while ago about The Witch Tree as an encounter card or some such that when revealed must be placed in the Cursed Glade. I could never think of anything else to add to it, besides what the flavor text of that Quest implied.  

So, once again, maybe the creators were listening and created the Witch Tree for the forest, Woodland but as you say, what is the connection.  Maybe there is and maybe not (a random drawn card that goes there, again for what purpose?) but the space itself is a nod to the flavor text.  we'll see.

To me a Witch Tree would be some sort of trap; losing a turn, maybe.  Of course if a Witch Tree encounter card was placed on the Cursed Glade, in addition to receiving a Talisman, or getting toaded (the two ends of the die roll) perhaps you would have to draw from the Woodlands deck rather than the main adventure deck.  Just some musings.

Edited by 0beron, 12 September 2014 - 07:57 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS