Slow Forums

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mdc273

mdc273

• Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

Having an issue with the slowness of the forums? Or general terribleness of the forums? Apparently there's a forum for the FFG website itself! I created a starter complaint thread and if you are having issues, feel free to post in it.

Complaint Thread

If you do post there, please come back and post in this Star Wars thread so that it stays bumped!

#2 mdc273

mdc273

• Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Bump!

People are still posting in the thread on occasion, so as long as people are posting I figure there's still interest.

My favorite post so far:

Darknoj - "I was gone post a big long rant about how slow these formus are to load but i only had 10 min before i needed to go and this page loading took 9.5 of them…."

Also, it probably wouldn't hurt to be constructive and say what you're doing when you're having issues. I know technical people tend to be able to use that information more effectively than "FIX THESE %$#@%*! FORUMS!!!!!"

#3 mdc273

mdc273

• Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

Bump!

People are still posting!

dboeren - "I've been a member of dozens of forums, maybe over a hundred across the years.  I've never seen any forum software as bad as this, or even close.

They are very slow, the "unread messages" light gets stuck all the time, "mark all read" takes forever and often fails to complete, sending PM's is extremely cumbersome.  They're bad in pretty much every way.

FFG makes some great games, but they really need to move to some different forum software.   I expect that a lot of potential contributors to the forum communities get frustrated by how slow and clumsy things are and don't come back."

#4 Niranth

Niranth

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

On very rare occasion, pages will load at an almost reasonable speed.  On average, it has been 1.5 minutes per page.  Trying to participate in one game's forum is painful, two is mind destroying.  I refuse to look at any other forums because of this.

#5 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

Do we really need a thread on this in every forum linking back to the main post ? Or could we just leave it at that one and stop bumping this one. These forums are crazy busy and threads like this just clog things up and probably don't help the very problem you are complaining about.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS