Jump to content



Photo

Putting wave one and wave two together.


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Picasso

Picasso

    Member

  • Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

In most of the threads I've been apart of, I noticed a debate about what combos are good combos to run using wave 1 and wave 2 cards.  I don't want to start another thread that becomes a shouting match but rather a list of card combos or combo breakers that you have tried with the new cards. So here are some of my ideas I am running. 

Combos:

Biggs with R2F2 and a stealth ddevice 

Lando with a gunner and marksmanship

dark curse with stealth ddevice 

wedge with expose. 

Green squadron A-wing pilot with dead eye and homing missile 

luke with r2D2 and shield upgrade. 

Mauler with boost

Just some of the combos I've been playing. 



#2 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

    Member

  • Members
  • 504 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

What about Garven Dreis and other Ship with the Deadeye?, greettings.


"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".


Kaxel Vofer.


#3 CPTMcMurphy

CPTMcMurphy

    Member

  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

I've been considering a 3 A-wing, 2 Ioned Y-wing combination.  No names, no upgrades just a max Rebel ship list.



#4 Brian_Black

Brian_Black

    Member

  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

I had some success cutting out the middleman on Wedge - Push the Limit, R2F2.  Gives a good bit of flexibility for offence and defense.



#5 Picasso

Picasso

    Member

  • Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:23 AM

I forgot experthandling and tycho.  



#6 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:37 AM

Picasso said:

 

…a list of card combos or combo breakers that you have tried with the new cards. So here are some of my ideas I am running.

[/quote] 

 

I would extend the Gunner + Marksmanship combo particularly to Kath Scarlet, who benefits a great deal from the increased incidence of critical hits as well as from the opportunity to attack again even if all her hits and crits are canceled.
 
Other combos of Wave 1 and Wave 2 content I like include:
  • Maarek + Push the Limit + Concussion Missile
  • Horton + Ion Cannon + Engine Upgrade
  • Luke + R2 Astromech + Elusiveness
 


#7 hothie

hothie

    Member

  • Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

Don't forget about Black Squadron TIEs with Draw Their Fire. Cheapest bodyguard in the game. They are not for every squad, but they do have their uses in certain squads.

Engine Upgrade and Daredevil are a fun combo for Vader. Not the best, but fun.



#8 Duraham

Duraham

    Member

  • Members
  • 731 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

hothie said:

 

Don't forget about Black Squadron TIEs with Draw Their Fire. Cheapest bodyguard in the game. They are not for every squad, but they do have their uses in certain squads.

Engine Upgrade and Daredevil are a fun combo for Vader. Not the best, but fun.

 

 

 

try replacing Daredevil with Push The Limit 

 

EDIT: you could use both boost and daredevil right? i mean, they seem to be seperate actions and all, unlike the whole roll vs expert handling thing



#9 hothie

hothie

    Member

  • Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

Yep, you can use both. 1 bank, Boost 1 bank, then Daredevil is a quick way for Vader to turn around and attack anyone who is tailing him. Plus with PS9, he'll likely attack before the person behind him. Like i said, not the best, but fun. :)



#10 tinnitus

tinnitus

    Member

  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

hothie said:

Yep, you can use both. 1 bank, Boost 1 bank, then Daredevil is a quick way for Vader to turn around and attack anyone who is tailing him. Plus with PS9, he'll likely attack before the person behind him. Like i said, not the best, but fun. :)

 

Are you sure? To me this seem like a repetition of the Expert handling discussion. I think the consensus was that Darth couldn't do two barrel rolls in a row. Why should Daredevil differ?

 

On the other hand, there is nothing that keeps Darth from doing a Barrel roll and Boost in sequence. That would be fun.



#11 Cid_MCDP

Cid_MCDP

    Member

  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:41 AM

I know it's over the top stupid, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't going to try out Luke + R2-F2 + Stealth Device at least once. sonreir



#12 Picasso

Picasso

    Member

  • Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

Sure you can. Daredevil isn't a boost action. It is a red manuver.



#13 tinnitus

tinnitus

    Member

  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

Guess you could be right. Though I see a discussion coming when wave 2 is released.



#14 Picasso

Picasso

    Member

  • Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

Ion cannon + seismic charge. 

Or

ion cannon + proximity mine



#15 Endgame124

Endgame124

    Member

  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:05 AM

Cid_MCDP said:

I know it's over the top stupid, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't going to try out Luke + R2-F2 + Stealth Device at least once. sonreir

 

I will be too, but I'll also be adding either push the limits or elusive to that combo.  



#16 RAGE1073

RAGE1073

    Member

  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:53 AM

Best combo ever

Soontir Fel+Push the Limit+Stealth Device= 33pts of awesomeness and 3 actions



#17 Cid_MCDP

Cid_MCDP

    Member

  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:57 AM

Endgame124 said:

Cid_MCDP said:

 

I know it's over the top stupid, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't going to try out Luke + R2-F2 + Stealth Device at least once. sonreir

 

 

 

I will be too, but I'll also be adding either push the limits or elusive to that combo.  

 

Nice!



#18 ForceM

ForceM

    Member

  • Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

RAGE1073 said:

Best combo ever

Soontir Fel+Push the Limit+Stealth Device= 33pts of awesomeness and 3 actions

Yeah this is ridiculously over the top but a pure wave 2 combo.

Another one of these is any ship with draw their fire and another one with stealth device, to keep it going longer…



#19 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

ForceM said:

RAGE1073 said:

 

Best combo ever

Soontir Fel+Push the Limit+Stealth Device= 33pts of awesomeness and 3 actions

 

 

Yeah this is ridiculously over the top but a pure wave 2 combo.

Another one of these is any ship with draw their fire and another one with stealth device, to keep it going longer…

It's a bit rules-lawyerey, but I don't think that will work. If I'm flying Fel + Stealth Device, and there's one uncanceled crit remaining after our dice rolls are reconciled, I can have my friend the Black Squadron Pilot +Draw Their Fire take the damage--but I was still the one hit by the attack, regardless of whether I take the damage (and the BSP wasn't hit, despite the fact that he took my crit).



#20 hothie

hothie

    Member

  • Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

tinnitus said:

hothie said:

 

Yep, you can use both. 1 bank, Boost 1 bank, then Daredevil is a quick way for Vader to turn around and attack anyone who is tailing him. Plus with PS9, he'll likely attack before the person behind him. Like i said, not the best, but fun. :)

 

 

 

Are you sure? To me this seem like a repetition of the Expert handling discussion. I think the consensus was that Darth couldn't do two barrel rolls in a row. Why should Daredevil differ?

 

On the other hand, there is nothing that keeps Darth from doing a Barrel roll and Boost in sequence. That would be fun.

The Expert handling discussion was Vader performing 2 Barrel Roll actions in the same turn. Not allowed,

This combo is movement, Boost Action, Daredevil Action. Nothing wrong with that at all,  as long as you take them in that order.

Now, you could argue that a 2 turn maneuver is better than a 1 bank maneuver for getting Vader out of the firing arc of the person tailing him while still getting a good shot, and you'd be right. It depends on if you need to take a green maneuver or not.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS