• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ceodryn

Ceodryn

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:44 AM

Quick question from one of my player, which I am curious to see what others do:

Your WP = 3, you have 3 stress. You're ok. You fail a Fear 2 check, gain 2 stress. Do you draw a temp insanity? - Basically the question is: Is stress received all together, or by unit of 1? 

If the later, then your stress goes to 4, your WP is distressed. Then it goes to 5, you draw a temp insanity. However, if the former, your stress goes from 3 to 5, and since your WP wasn't distressed to begin with, you do not draw a temp insanity.

Thoughts?

Cheers

Ceodryn

#2 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

Ceodryn said:

Your WP = 3, you have 3 stress. You're ok. You fail a Fear 2 check, gain 2 stress. Do you draw a temp insanity? - Basically the question is: Is stress received all together, or by unit of 1? 

I don't think so.

My interpretion of the rules is that in this situation (fear and terror) stress is recieved as a pack.

Nonetheless, the option unit by unit would be nicer burla

I think this is a good question to post for Daniel using the customer service. Please if you do so, let me know the answer.

Cheers,

Yepes

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#3 Ceodryn

Ceodryn

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:37 AM

Well, I did ask, and got confirmation that stress, fatigue and wounds are awarded as a group, not as single units.

Cheers

Ceodryn

#4 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:28 AM

We've always done it in bunches.

So, if this is the situation:

Willpower (2)

3 stress already

Fails the fear (2) test bringing him to 5 (which if done individually, he would gain TWO insanities right?)

He only draws one insanity card, not two?  Is this correct

jh

#5 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

Ceodryn said:

Well, I did ask, and got confirmation that stress, fatigue and wounds are awarded as a group, not as single units.

Cheers

Ceodryn

What a pity :(

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#6 Ceodryn

Ceodryn

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:19 AM

In your situation Emirikol, it's one insanity, 2 tokens on it. However even if it had been awarded as units, it would be the same because additional tokens go to the temp insanity you already have.

The matter was in the situation I had described, but FFG clarified as I pointed out.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS