• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bigjim22

Bigjim22

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

The only game that matters. 
Opponent attacks with Robb stark, no intrigue icon. I play the only game that matters, characters without intrigue icon do not count their strength. I have no one to defend the 2 claim military challenge but have ceresi lannister with 6 power on her. and doubting septa in play. 
By reducing Robb Starks strength to 0 and I myself defending with no one does the challenge no longer take place? Or does tie still go to the attacker? Btw with CL I'm siting at 14 power to Starks 6. Stark is running siege of winter fell so this challenge is pretty much for the game.

#2 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

You must have a total strength greater than 0 to win a challenge.  In your example, no one would win the challenge, and no one would lose.

#3 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

But because there is still a character participating, the challenge would go to resolution (if Robb was removed from the challenge entirely, the challenge would end immediately).

#4 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

Khudzlin said:

But because there is still a character participating, the challenge would go to resolution (if Robb was removed from the challenge entirely, the challenge would end immediately).

Right. With the resolution being nullified because no one had a STR 1 or higher character involved in the challenge.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#5 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,725 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

Careful with the "resolution being nullified" language. The resolution still HAPPENS, it just resolves with no winner and no loser. So anything that requires a winner or a loser (like claim, unopposed, and renown) don't resolve successfully. However, the challenge resolved successfully, so any "after a challenge resolves"-type stuff would still happen. (People might think otherwise if resolution were considered "nullified.")

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS