Organization & Sleeves

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sageleader

sageleader

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

I know this had a topic a while back, but I'm curious how people are organizing their cards now that they've had a chance to play for a while.

I just got my second core set today and am getting nervous about the impending 4-6 Hoth packs coming out, each with 60 cards. In a few short months I would then have close to 1000 cards. It doesn't seem to make sense to sleeve them all, because it will be extremely difficult to find cards I want if I change up my decks. I'm picturing boxes full of hundreds of sleeved cards.

I know some people use the 9-pocket organizers, which seems good for cards you don't need access to all the time.

I am contemplating sleeving my two main decks of each side (4 total) and then putting the rest in 9-pocket organizers for when I want to change up the decks. At that point I would remove the cards from the pockets and sleeve them, putting the originally sleeved cards into the pockets. I'm not sure if this would end up damaging the cards more because of all the movement between storage types.

What do the rest of you do to keep your cards organized and protected? To be clear, I'm not wondering about sleeve colors and whatnot, I already have that figured out.

#2 Battlestar

Battlestar

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

Thats a very good idea. Like you said after awhile the cost of sleeving them all would be a bit much. I haven't sleeved mine yet but I will probably go this route.

#3 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

I have heard about two good ideas:

1 - Using 9 card pages in an open configuration to view a row of 6; an objective + the remainder of the Objective set

2 - Using penny sleeves to house entire OSets

I currently have my main decks sleeved with nice sleeves, and the remainder in old, clear Deck Protectors. I will most likely be moving to the card pages for storage, however.

Welcome to the machine!

#4 Meathook123

Meathook123

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

I use the 9 card binder pages so that you can quickly see the entire objective set across one row.  This becomes very useful during deck building.

#5 sageleader

sageleader

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

For those that use the 9 card pages - do you double them up back to back? I'm thinking about getting some more expensive double-sided ones, which would prevent card damage more. Also, do you take them out of the pockets and then put them in sleeves when you play with them?

#6 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

sageleader said:

For those that use the 9 card pages - do you double them up back to back? I'm thinking about getting some more expensive double-sided ones, which would prevent card damage more. Also, do you take them out of the pockets and then put them in sleeves when you play with them?

Yes and yes. You can't really fit sleeved cards back to back in the pages. I posted pictures of my setup in another thread on this subject. 

#7 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

Page 1:

Start of Dark Side:

#8 sageleader

sageleader

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

That looks nice. I was thinking more like this:

http://www.gtsdistri...BF4613978B3BA8C

Or the top-load version:

http://www.bcwsuppli...-18-pockets.htm

These are double sided so it will help cards from rubbing against other cards (like when you double up in a single-sided 9 pocket page). Anyone used these before? The side-load would also make it easy to take cards in and out.

#9 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

sageleader said:

That looks nice. I was thinking more like this:

http://www.gtsdistribution.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=D763E33FFEBF4C53ABF4613978B3BA8C

Or the top-load version:

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/products/trading-card-albums-and-pages/vinyl-double-9-pocket-page-18-pockets.htm

These are double sided so it will help cards from rubbing against other cards (like when you double up in a single-sided 9 pocket page). Anyone used these before? The side-load would also make it easy to take cards in and out.

I like the side loaders. I wonder if you can put sleeved cards in, like this Ultrapro binder:

http://www.miniature...m/upr82612.html

It's been reported that you can put up to 3 sleeved cards on each side of the page in this binder. Since they are both ultrapro products, do you think the pages are the same? Anyone know for sure?

#10 sojo2600

sojo2600

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

I keep a rebel, jedi, navy, and sith deck sleeved and packed in UltraPro deck boxes.  They fit nicely within the core box.  The rest of the cards are in the 9 page sleeves.  This method works great if you deck build by looking at your cards, but unsleeving and resleeving can be a pain sometimes, and is a bit time consuming.

If I had more money and less time, I think the optimal way to do it would be to use cardgamedb.com's deckbuilder to get the list of objective sets you need.  Then you could have a large box of your objective sets ordered by number, perhaps with dividers for each cycle.  By keeping every card sleeved, you could simply just pull them out and throw them right into your deck.  

The former option is working well for now, but I may switch over to the latter if I end up tweaking my decks often.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS