FAQ - when will it publish????

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Braider

Braider

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

I learn a lot from reading the forums on play for clarification….minor details, etc….but there are obvious cards that have many questions.  Currently before a game my opponent and I just agree upon our own clarification.  But there are times when the definitive answer would be ideal and a calm state of mind. 

Typically, when do other FF games publish there FAQ section….any other way to present this to FF (mob e-mails….on the forums)…etc.

I love the game but FRUSTRATED……also it is great that there are now 4 force packs announced….but the tease is getting to be a little too much…when will the force packs start to arrive.  I feel a little more info / communication from FF is appropriate.

#2 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

Well, Rune Age didn't get it's much-needed FAQ for over a year. That probably won't be the case here. X-Wing got its FAQ within a couple months of release. I think we can probably expect a FAQ by the end of March, at the latest.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#3 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,256 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

Braider said:

I learn a lot from reading the forums on play for clarification….minor details, etc….but there are obvious cards that have many questions.  Currently before a game my opponent and I just agree upon our own clarification.  But there are times when the definitive answer would be ideal and a calm state of mind. 

Typically, when do other FF games publish there FAQ section….any other way to present this to FF (mob e-mails….on the forums)…etc.

I love the game but FRUSTRATED……also it is great that there are now 4 force packs announced….but the tease is getting to be a little too much…when will the force packs start to arrive.  I feel a little more info / communication from FF is appropriate.

Use the rules link to ask questions directly. Most of the answers have been, wait for FAQ as they gather questions. Hard to do a FAQ unitl they know what the questions are.

As for the product announcements I never know why people find it annoying or get frustrated. FFG always advertises their products at least 3 months in advance to allow lead time for distributor and retailer orders. Also just the other day the Upcoming page was updated with the dates of release for the first 3 packs. March, April, May. So they already communicated it, that was updated on the 4th.

#4 mischraum.de

mischraum.de

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

I think for a LCG they will release it much faster than for a boardgame.  I don't know how pressing the uncertainties for X-Wing where so that they could afford the luxury to wait for some months but in the Star Wars LCG some cards ("Trench Run" I'm looking at you!) are more or less unplayable due to disagreement on how they work. I hope and think they will release the FAQ within the next days. People sending in questions also got the response that the FAQ will come out shortly.

Travelling for LCG tournaments: Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Gen Con, Genoa, Göteborg, Liege, Salzburg
Next destination: Make a suggestion!

#5 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

mischraum.de said:

I think for a LCG they will release it much faster than for a boardgame.  I don't know how pressing the uncertainties for X-Wing where so that they could afford the luxury to wait for some months but in the Star Wars LCG some cards ("Trench Run" I'm looking at you!) are more or less unplayable due to disagreement on how they work. I hope and think they will release the FAQ within the next days. People sending in questions also got the response that the FAQ will come out shortly.

That is interesting. I sent in a rules question and have not received anything at all …

Welcome to the machine!

#6 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

MasterJediAdam said:

mischraum.de said:

I think for a LCG they will release it much faster than for a boardgame. �I don't know how pressing the uncertainties for X-Wing where so that they could afford the luxury to wait for some months but in the Star Wars LCG some cards ("Trench Run" I'm looking at you!) are more or less unplayable due to disagreement on how they work. I hope and think they will release the FAQ within the next days. People sending in questions also got the response that the FAQ will come out shortly.

That is interesting. I sent in a rules question and have not received anything at all �

I've sent in several rules questions. A handful of the early ones got a "faq is coming" response. Since then, just silence.

I did see on Facebook that FFG is doing a staff Netrunner tournament during lunch breaks. I think a better idea would be staff SWLCG tournaments during lunch breaks… So that they'd have to actually come up with tournament rules and answer rules questions.

#7 Niranth

Niranth

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

MasterJediAdam said:

mischraum.de said:

That is interesting. I sent in a rules question and have not received anything at all …

then I am not alone!

#8 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

Strange, the forums are refusing to mark this thread as having been viewed for me… and also showing me as the most recent poster.  At least now the 2nd part of that will be true…and maybe fix the first problem too.

#9 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:37 AM

I'd really like to know officially which objective the Secret of Yavin 4's interrupt counts toward when it comes to the limit on which objectives targets the opponent can engage.

Played for my first time last night, and that interrupt raised questions and it didn't seem like everyone could agree on these forums which way to rule it.

#10 Surge1000

Surge1000

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

Bomb said:

I'd really like to know officially which objective the Secret of Yavin 4's interrupt counts toward when it comes to the limit on which objectives targets the opponent can engage.

Played for my first time last night, and that interrupt raised questions and it didn't seem like everyone could agree on these forums which way to rule it.

I don't care much for argumentum ad populum, but the consensus supports that if someone tries to engage objective A, if you use TSoY4's interrupt, objective A is not considered to have been engaged, but TSoY4 is.  More importantly, the rules and the text from TSoY4 strongly support that argument.

The only real controversy is whether TSoY4 can redirect an engagement to itself after it has already been engaged.  I would argue that "the Golden Rule" overrides game rules, and therefore TSoY4 can actually redirect an engagement to itself after it has already been engaged.  Admittedly, the second argument is not as strongly supported for a few reasons I will not rehash, so a ruling would be preferable.

There may not be a ruling on the first part though.  It's pretty straightforward.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS