Photo

How do you all store your Talisman games?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 wolveryn

wolveryn

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:30 AM

I'll post pics later but I'm curious to how everyone else stores their game? I've seen the suitcase and some plastic cases. I use 3 of the big boxes; Dungeon, Highland and City, plus the Frostmarch. One holds all boards and rules. Another holds all cards plus dragon tokens, strength, craft, lives and gold. One has foam for most of my figurines since they will all be painted. Finally the small box holds character cards, endings and fate. Once I complete my 1st & 2nd edition figures ill place them in foam in a big box with the stuff from the small box and have 4 of the big boxes total. What do you all have?

#2 mikeszekely

mikeszekely

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

This is a major concern I'm having, too.  I currently only have four expansions (Dragon, Sacred Pool, Reaper, & Blood Moon), and things are already getting out of hand.  Right now, I have all the character cards in the tray in the main box.  The Fate tokens and gold are in a two little bags and stuck with the dice in the tray.  The Strength, Craft, and Life tokens are in seperate bags and stuffed where the character figures were.  Most of the cards are spread over all but one of the card trays.  The main board, the Dragon board, and all the rule books lay on top.

I left the cardboard divider in one of the small expansion boxes, then put the three dragon decks into it with packing peanuts filling in the gaps.

The rest of the various tokens from the Dragon are sorted into small bags, and placed in another small expansion box without the insert.

Finally, all of my character figures are in the third small expansion box.

Now I've got a huge stack of Adventure cards and I'm not sure where to put them, and I've still got four expansions to go.

#3 BatHead

BatHead

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

FYI, the WarStore.com has "econo-boxes", plain white cardboard boxes with foam inserts meant for figure storage, that's what I'm using for my Talisman figures (and likely others) at the moment, about ten bucks a piece. Oh, and for my older GW 3rd editon minis, I'm using a Doskocil case I bought from GW some years ago meant originally for storing and transporting hanguns (!)

#4 Zozimus

Zozimus

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

I have all the expansions, and I fit everything into two big boxes (original game and Dungeon).  All the boards, rules, etc. in one box, with a layer of punch-out foam for the miniatures sitting on top.  Everything was swell until I got the latest 6 minis and realised that some of them are going to have to double up in their foam holes.  Sigh.  Nothing's perfect!

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play. - Heraclitus

#5 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 962 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

I was really hoping that The City would come with a new plastic tray - if not a better one, then at least a duplicate of the one from the base game… that would do the trick. Alas, not so. Hopefully in the last corner expansion…

#6 Nidhögg

Nidhögg

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

I managed to fit all things except the Dragon into the original box. I don't own the City yet, but when I do that will stay in it's own box as well. It's getting to crowded in the original box now ;)

#7 halo572

halo572

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

Only thinking this yesterday.

Having only found out that Talisman was in it's 4th edition a couple of weeks ago I received it yesterday and have returned after 30 years.

I keep my original 1st edition and expansions - minus Timescape - in the game box with rubber bands and a tobacco box for the counters.  That is then stored in a crate with other games.

I got rid of the boxes long ago as they took so much room, to my regret now.

Considering how to store the new version, I will keep it in the original postal box to protect the box and then in a crate.

I will be buying the expansions one a month from now on and will look to keep the boxes in the postal packaging in the crate and hope they all fit in one.

It does help I don't know anyone who would want to play the game, so for me it is nostalgia and not convenience of playing.

I haven't even opened the tokens zip lock to pop them out and likely never will and I would be surprised if I have set up the 1st edition once since 1991.

#8 Stomski

Stomski

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:11 AM

Standard collector's card x100 storage boxes are a good fit for Talisman cards on their side.

See here…
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290839990735

I have fashioned cardboard separators such that I can split decks within a single box.  The larger ending/character cards I haven't got a box for, they just sit in the box held together with an elastic band.

Similar x50 capacity boxes work well for gold/dragon/fate tokens.

I also have a small 3x4 beads/medicine/angling storage box that I use to store my life/strength/craft tokens in as I have the original 4th edition that has these tokens in 1,2,3,4 counts similar to the 1st/2nd edition's card counters, rather than the 1/5 counts that the revised 4th edition has.

Figures I separate out the special figures; toads, werewolf and reaper go in a zip-lock bag, meanwhile the character figures get put in a plastic take away container.  They now smell of curry*.

* joke, it's actually Chow Mein.

#9 Calinor

Calinor

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

I bought a backpack years ago, it came with another bag inside to store a laptop. It's just a simple foam padded bag that fits in a backpack.

I keep the main board and expansion boards, rules, and 3 small expansion boxes, inside it. One holds the character (sized) cards and the fate in a bag keeps them from sliding around. A second box holds the mini's, and the third the Adventure Deck. In the bags that came with the expansions, I keep my custom 200 card Adventure Deck in one. Fifty card spell deck, purchase deck, stable deck, alignment, talismans in a second. Dungeon Deck & Relics in a 3rd. Dice in a 4th.

In a Crown Royal bag I keep all the Strength/Craft/Gold and glass beads I use for other tokens (missed turn reminder, countdown timer, etc.)

The rest of the stuff that Isn't being used is put up.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS