Warhammer Variant for - Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Glorian Underhill

Glorian Underhill

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

Back in the 80th there was this game called in english Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective.

It won the german "Spiel des Jahres 1986" price and was overall great. Like a solo fantasy playbook you or your group can go around Victorian london and solve cases. The difference to the fantasy fighting books was that there was no combat, and not a single line saying that you now should visit that or this location. You had an adress book for london, a current version of the Times and your wits to solve the crime and answer the questions to beat Holmes.

Also there was no single location in where one of the suspects say: "Yes it was me you stupid Kids!"

They all played to the end the innocents.

So this year Ystari Games made a reprint of the original version in french and released the english version in September last year. These are original cases with a little makeup.

To Boardgamegeek

So I thought of making a Warhammer conversion of it. Not only does it give the sad GM (you) the chance to play as well but you can even lead your Warhammer group there for one session. Bury your dice and put the action cards aside. The next hour it is only your wits against the crime.

So I have started a Thread at BGG and I'm in search of an english proofreader. As you see I'm not an english native speaking person. So there are two possibililtys. Either I can write them in german, or I can write them in bad english and need one to help me sort it out.

Link to the Thread with warhammer Brainstorming. The City of Crimes is of course Altdorf, and your Mentor will be no less then Zavant Konniger!

So who wants to help me?

#2 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

Looks neat, alas, my time has dried up lately.

jh

#3 Glorian Underhill

Glorian Underhill

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

Yes tempus fugit. Of all the stuff I want to do no time to do them all is the main problem.

So I will continue to make this my conversion and then try to find someone to have a look at it.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS