Kingdom-Con 2013, San Diego 4/5 - 4/7

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Deathjester26

Deathjester26

• Members
  • 772 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

Come join the California AGoT crew for Kingdom-Con 2013!!!

Hotel and other event information can be found here: http://www.kingdom-con.com/

AGoT - The Builder Event Friday April 5th 3:00pm - 10:00pm (registration opens at 2:30pm) Compete head-to-head in this joust format tournament with a twist. Each participant will turn their deck in prior to the start of the tournament, and each round players will be given a different deck to compete with. Plan for 4-5 Swiss rounds, with a cut to top 4 or 8. In addition to crowning a winner, there will also a prize to the creator of the best deck! At the end of each round, players will rate the decks they played, and winning decks will receive bonus points. Participants are encouraged to provide short, written instructions in their deck boxes, so other players can get a good feel for the deck before they play it.

Decks will be judged by the following:

Were the instructions clear and easy to understand? (Y = 1 pt.)

Considering the deck type, do you feel you had a good setup? (Y = 1 pt.)

Was the resource curve appropriately balanced? (Y = 1 pt.)

Do you feel the deck performed as the creator intended? (Y = 1 pt.)

Does the deck fit the name it was given by its creator? (Y = 1 pt.)

Do you feel this deck is unique? (Y = 1 pt.)

Did you win? (Y = 2 pts.)

Rate this deck (0 = lowest, 2 = highest) (0-2 pts.)

AGoT - SoCal Joust Regional Event Saturday April 6th 11:00am - 10:00p, (registration opens at 10:00am) Come compete in what will be one of the first regionals of the 2013 A Game of Thrones LCG Tournament Season! This will be a joust tournament with 4-6 rounds of Swiss, and a cut to the top 8 or 16 where players will square off in single elimination.

Intigue at Oldtown (Side Event) Over the course of both AGoT events participants will have the opportunity to forge their Maester's chain link by link as they demonstrate their knowledge in 30 areas of study. The player who forges the longest chain by completing the most tasks will become the Grand Maester of Kingdom-Con!

Tasks:

House Stark Lore                   Play with, or against, a House Stark deck

House Lannister Lore            Play with, or against, a House Lannister deck

House Baratheon Lore           Play with, or against, a House Baratheon deck

House Greyjoy Lore              Play with, or against, a House Greyjoy deck

House Targaryen Lore          Play with, or against, a House Targaryen deck

House Martell Lore                Play with, or against, a House Martell deck

Engineering                           Reveal 6+ cards during setup

Economics                             Marshall 4+ characters during a single marshalling phase

Tactics                                    Win 5+ challenges in a single challenge phase

Espionage                              Discard the last card from an opponent's hand via intrigue challenge, or card effect

Poisons                                   Remove the last character an opponent has in play via military challenge, or non-plot effect

Money Lending                      Finish the Standing phase with 6+ gold in your gold pool

Diplomacy                              Control 3 different cards with 3 different house affiliations at the end of a round

Alchemy                                 Gain 8+ power in one round

Geography                             Control 8+ locations at the end of a round

Faith                                        Come back to win a game after being down by 7+ power

Blockades                               Win a game in which an opponent was 3 or less power away from winning at any point

Politics                                    Win a game in which an opponent finishes with 0 power

Letters                                     Win a game with 7+ cards left in your hand

Warfare                                  Finish a game with 10+ cards in an opponent's dead pile

Defenses                                Finish a game with 3 or less cards in your dead pile

Knighthood                             Finish a game without playing an event card

Athletics                                  Win a game in 3 rounds or less

Endurance                              Participate in a game that goes 7+ rounds

"Sansa Link"                           Lose the first 2 rounds of the Joust or Builder tournament

Time Keeping                        Finish the weekend with 0 modified wins or losses

Building                                  Register on time for the Builder tournament on Friday 4/5 (Closes at 2:55pm)

Jousting                                  Register on time for the Joust tournament on Saturday 4/6 (Closes at 10:50am)

The Final Cut                         Make the final cut for the Joust or Builder tournament, or with your Builder deck

Champion                               Place first in the Joust or Builder tournament, or with your Builder deck

I believe the will also be a Starwars tourney on Friday, and a Netrunner tourney on Sunday.

It's always a blast, and the more the merrier!  Hope you can make it.

#2 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

Is this the official SoCal regional? Or in addition to?

#3 Syd

Syd

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

Well if last year is an indication of this year Kindomcon will be one of many regionals in California. If it gets approved for sw, nr, and AGoT it and Kubla will be the big draws this year. But there are likely to be more.

#4 Crevic

Crevic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

~What, no Nuetral House Lore link?

#5 Deathjester26

Deathjester26

• Members
  • 772 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

Crevic said:

~What, no Nuetral House Lore link?

Playing Neutral is its own reward.

#6 RyanSD

RyanSD

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:40 AM

I read that as "Playing neutral is its own retard" and agreed. OOPS!

#7 TinyGrimes

TinyGrimes

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

dcdennis said:

Is this the official SoCal regional? Or in addition to?

We're hoping this is going to be regional weekend. All three of AGOT, SW, and ANR have applied to be regionals. So come on out for basically a mini worlds and have a great time with the socal crew!

#8 Deathjester26

Deathjester26

• Members
  • 772 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

Regional status, Go!

#9 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

Seeing as how the northeast got F'd in the A by crunching all of our dates into a 5 week span i might actually try and make this one.

#10 sWhiteboy

sWhiteboy

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

dcdennis said:

Seeing as how the northeast got F'd in the A by crunching all of our dates into a 5 week span i might actually try and make this one.

Not to try and take you away from these guys, but North Carolina is much closer to DC than California, and we have a Regional in April (and another in May).  Both of them take place in Cary, which is in the north-east part of NC.

#11 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

sWhiteboy said:

dcdennis said:

Not to try and take you away from these guys, but North Carolina is much closer to DC than California, and we have a Regional in April (and another in May).  Both of them take place in Cary, which is in the north-east part of NC.

Hmmmm and roughly a 4hr 40min drive from DC. The gentleman may have a point here. Anyone in NC with a sofabed that lives near a WaffleHouse? No way I'm hitting NC without gettin' me a smothered and covered.

#12 sWhiteboy

sWhiteboy

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:11 AM

dcdennis said:

Anyone in NC with a sofabed…

Sofabed?  That doesn't sound like southern hospitality.  In NC we have guest rooms, complete with a real bed and hand-made blankets.

#13 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

sWhiteboy said:

dcdennis said:

Anyone in NC with a sofabed…

Sofabed?  That doesn't sound like southern hospitality.  In NC we have guest rooms, complete with a real bed and hand-made blankets.

looks like i can make the 4/13 one! who's got a room for me?

#14 Deathjester26

Deathjester26

• Members
  • 772 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

…meanwhile, back at Kingdom-Con…

#15 Syd

Syd

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

In Kindomcon related new: I'm in. I think this should be a top destination for people that travel for LCGs. Three regionals in one weekend is a helluva deal.

#16 RyanSD

RyanSD

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:20 AM

Wow, three regionals in one weekend? Plus unlimited booze and partying? You know what… I WILL come to this!

#17 Deathjester26

Deathjester26

• Members
  • 772 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

Just a reminder, don't forget your deck lists for the Saturday Regional.

I will not be collecting them on Friday for the "Builder" event.

#18 Iamatt122

Iamatt122

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

Have Fun :(

#19 Deathjester26

Deathjester26

• Members
  • 772 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

Iamatt122 said:

Have Fun :(

Bah!!!  Kingdom-Con is the perfect honeymoon.  You will be missed.

#20 Deathjester26

Deathjester26

• Members
  • 772 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

If you are participating in the Builder event, I highly recommend you bring your deck in a deck box of some sort :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS