Fleeing from combat

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

So far when my PCs are willing to scape from a combat, I ask them to be at extrem range from all the enemies before we change to a chasing sitaution in story mode.

Which are your approaches to such a situation, that is fleeing from a combat?

Cheers,

Yepes

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#2 LordoftheMilk

LordoftheMilk

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

It depends on whtether they would be given the chase or not.

If not, then leaving close range would be sufficient imho.

If yes, I ask them to roll a competitive Athletics check with their pursuers, modified of course by all appropriate factors (terrain, encumbrance, fatigue, etc.), and using the lowest stats in the group. I also usually use a tracker (5 or 10 counters depending), and every success beyond the other party's roll moves the counter along. Every 3 steps is an event. If the pcs reach it, they can roleplay something like diverting attention of the pursuers or taking a shortcut, and add some negative dice to their pursuers roll. If the pursuers reach the event, they can shoot with a ranged weapon or effect a charge.

Spending fatigue on the fleeing or pursuing rolls allow rerolls of the dice pool.

At the end of the tracker is the result of the chase, either the PC's make it out or they don't…

#3 Mexorlon

Mexorlon

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

LordoftheMilk said:

It depends on whtether they would be given the chase or not.

If not, then leaving close range would be sufficient imho.

If yes, I ask them to roll a competitive Athletics check with their pursuers, modified of course by all appropriate factors (terrain, encumbrance, fatigue, etc.), and using the lowest stats in the group. I also usually use a tracker (5 or 10 counters depending), and every success beyond the other party's roll moves the counter along. Every 3 steps is an event. If the pcs reach it, they can roleplay something like diverting attention of the pursuers or taking a shortcut, and add some negative dice to their pursuers roll. If the pursuers reach the event, they can shoot with a ranged weapon or effect a charge.

Spending fatigue on the fleeing or pursuing rolls allow rerolls of the dice pool.

At the end of the tracker is the result of the chase, either the PC's make it out or they don't…

thats a great idea…."added to my houserules asap"

thx

Mex

#4 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

Indeed it is a good idea, I have already writen something based on this idea. Thx

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS