• 3,331 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:23 AM

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=3927

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:05 AM

It'll be interesting to see how the "while this objective is undamaged" effects impact play.  Certainly want to get at least one damage on them as quickly as possible.

#3 Holliday88

Holliday88

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

Looks like its time to update my spoiler card list!

North Carolina Facebook Group

Join the resource for connecting players across NC.

#4 Lukez

Lukez

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:27 AM

Walker/trooper deck is going to be nuts

#5 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

The showcased objective set looks amazing. At first I was disturbed by Veers only having one Force icon, but then I saw that this set comes with Battle of Hoth. That is going to be an excellent card for trying to get the objective undamaged so you can increase your reserve. There are going to be some fun synergies and strategies with this set.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#6 RangerApollo

RangerApollo

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

I love that the Blizzard Force AT-STs have shielding. Good times with the Veersmeister. 

#7 RangerApollo

RangerApollo

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

I love that the Blizzard Force AT-STs have shielding. Good times with the Veersmeister. 

#8 Whitefro

Whitefro

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

I want to see what's in Knowledge and Defense, that looks insane. you pretty much force the dark side to get damage on it because unit recursion could be insane. Obviously you get the traditional benefit of being able to bring your guys back, but additionally you get to fill your hand with more cards for possible edge battles. I like what I'm seeing with the cards in the desolation of hoth cycle so far.

#9 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

Since i was a kid and saw empire strikes back at the movie theatre the imperial AT-AT walkers and Scout At-st Wwalkers have always been my favorite star wars vehicles. Totally excited to be rocking a walker deck against the rebel scum and the pathetic jedi.

"It was so artistically done."-Grand Admiral Thrawn

#10 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

I am super excited for the entire Hoth cycle. It looks amazing, and I am looking forward to the new interactions.

Welcome to the machine!

#11 Xenu's Paradox

Xenu's Paradox

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to making a Walker/Trooper deck with The General's Imperative, The Endor Gambit, Take Them Prisoner, The Ultimate Power, Imperial Command, and Corporate Exploitation.

#12 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

Dont forget to add the Vader from the first force pack.  Someone posted a scan of him and he is imperial navy and has some sort of damage icon ability. Looks like Veers and Vader will be a potent combo. 

#13 Ravncat

Ravncat

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

This makes our rebel operative an interesting gamble against the dark side, triggering battle of both twice in an edge battle…

#14 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

AT-STs are cool and all, but I wonder how long it will be before we'll be able to play AT-ATs, the larger and more physically imposing of the war machines deployed at Hoth. Either way, Veers is a fan favorite, and I'm glad he gets to belong to a powerful objective set.

#15 Nyvosus

Nyvosus

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

All very well and good but when will we see some release dates for these expansions? im like a kid before christmas

#16 darkbladecb

darkbladecb

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

Nyvosus said:

All very well and good but when will we see some release dates for these expansions? im like a kid before christmas

They recently updated the approx. release date on the Upcoming page to have the first pack out in March.

#17 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Nyvosus said:

All very well and good but when will we see some release dates for these expansions?

Yesterday :)

#18 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

MarthWMaster said:

AT-STs are cool and all, but I wonder how long it will be before we'll be able to play AT-ATs, the larger and more physically imposing of the war machines deployed at Hoth. Either way, Veers is a fan favorite, and I'm glad he gets to belong to a powerful objective set.

They are in this cycle no doubt. Just not previewed yet. 

#19 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:10 AM

I had an interesting thought about Veers. He gives a unit damage icon as a bonus certain units, but in the movies, you could say he was critical to meeting the offesive objectives of the Empire. I really expected him to increase blast damage in some way. With the unit damage bonus, it seems you could make a very effective defensive deck by focusing on holding the Force in the Force struggle and defending against LS attacks. The extra blaster damage will make you much more likely to kill off enemies that attack, and if you're running troopers, you might be able to outnumber your opponent so you can really whittle their forces down. I just thought it was an interesting idea since we usually think of Veers as being super offensive, but his ability will be viable for a defensive strategy as well.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#20 Rogue 3

Rogue 3

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

battle of hoth

add or remove 1 damage from target hoth objective.

is this new style fate card that can damage objectives as defender?

damage objective you dont attack?

remove damage from objective not being attacked?

seems OP if it does, especially with 3 force icons.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS