Actions

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 josefsj

josefsj

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

Trying to learn this fun action packed game.  My #1 question is, with actions after movement, are players limited as to how many focus or evade tokens that they can have on a ship?  Also, I know there's a +1 for Range 1.  Are there any penalties straight up for Range 3?  I don't see any reference to this and assume not, but just want to clarify.  Thanks for any help!

#2 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

Focus and evade tokens are discarded at the end of every turn, but there is no reason you couldn't have more than one of each on a ship if effects add them.

The defender gets +1 defense die if the attacker attacks with their primary weapon at range 3.

#3 josefsj

josefsj

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

Thanks for the clarifications.  Play testing with my daughter (trying to get her to learn that she needs to keep me in front of her) and didn't see where it stated that unused were discarded.  I'll read through them again and see if there's more that I'm missing.  That and read through the FAQ sonreir

Thanks again!!!

#4 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

You can also watch the tutorials on ffg's xwing page.

#5 CPTMcMurphy

CPTMcMurphy

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

If for some reason you have a pilot that can take two actions at the end of their movement phase, take note that you can not take the same two actions.  If one pilot passes a specific action to another ship, then it is possible that a ship may have (for example) two focus tokens.

#6 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

CPTMcMurphy said:

If for some reason you have a pilot that can take two actions at the end of their movement phase, take note that you can not take the same two actions.  If one pilot passes a specific action to another ship, then it is possible that a ship may have (for example) two focus tokens.

Not quite.  If I pass an extra action to another ship (with Squad Leader, for instance), that ship still cannot take 2 focus actions during the round.  To get multiple focus tokens on a single ship, the source for the extra tokens has to not be focus actions.  The easiest way (and only way off the top of my head) to do that is Garven Dreis at this time.

#7 Sunsteel

Sunsteel

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

CPTMcMurphy said:

Turr Phennir  [After you perform an attack, you may perform a free boost or barrel roll action.]

Push the Limit  [Once per round, after you perform an action, you may perform 1 free action shown in your action bar. The receive 1 stress token.]

I know I read, but cannot now find, the exact wording about the same action twice in the same phase/round.  Because I am trying to figure out if Turr can do a boost action or barrel roll in the Activation Phase and then do one of them again in the Combat Phase.  (Of course if he uses PTL in his Activation Phase he cannot use his Pilot Ability after attacking.)

#8 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Bottom of p9 in the rulebook--it's the whole round. If you want to Boost Phenir during Combat phase, don't use that Action during Activation Phase.

#9 Sunsteel

Sunsteel

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

Thank you, don't know how I could keep missing that when I needed to find it in such a small rule book.

#10 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:44 AM

dbmeboy said:

CPTMcMurphy said:

Not quite.  If I pass an extra action to another ship (with Squad Leader, for instance), that ship still cannot take 2 focus actions during the round.  To get multiple focus tokens on a single ship, the source for the extra tokens has to not be focus actions.  The easiest way (and only way off the top of my head) to do that is Garven Dreis at this time.

Another is Soontir Fel: "When you receive a stress token, you may assign 1 focus token to your ship". It is not giving a focus action, it is merely assigning the token.

#11 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:54 AM

ziggy2000 said:

Another is Soontir Fel: "When you receive a stress token, you may assign 1 focus token to your ship". It is not giving a focus action, it is merely assigning the token.

Also true, though he hadn't been released yet when I posted so I didn't include him :-)

#12 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

dbmeboy said:

ziggy2000 said:

Also true, though he hadn't been released yet when I posted so I didn't include him :-)

Ha! I didn't notice that part…

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS