Photo

Cataclysm Deluxe expansion - Multiplayer support and new release model announced

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:40 AM

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=3923

"Cataclysm will be the game’s fourth deluxe expansion, and it will also be the first in a new release model. Starting with Cataclysm, Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game will shift away from monthly Battle Packs to the release of three larger, deluxe expansions per year."

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

More previews here: http://www.fantasyfl...3&esem=1&epmi=s

#3 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

So much win… my body wasn't ready…

#4 Junglecat

Junglecat

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

I don't think I saw a release date. Whatever the case, I'm very excited for Cataclysm!

#5 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Now, this is a breath of freash air to the game. Not only it wil give us multiplayer games but also a new format of 3 deluxe per year without battle packs. I'm for it! I think that after this release W:I will be much often on my table. Thank You FFG!

Cheers

PS. The release date is 2Q 2013 (may-july 2013), I hope to see it  right a month after the last battle pack of eternal war cycle - so May 2013. can't wait and I'm very exiceted!

#6 Doc9

Doc9

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

Very exciting news! Absolutely looking forward to this.

#7 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

I must say that this is the announcement I've been waiting for. The multiplayer rules are looking sweet and easy. And if You don't have like them then You can still play in 2 players format. But I'm going to battle in 3 or 4 player mode as soon as it will hit stores. Can't wait for my first play in multiplayer mode.

#8 klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:01 AM

This looks amazing! The multiplayer means nothing for me, though, because there is not enough players for it to matter.

#9 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

This is interesting enough that I may try to learn how to play the game now just so I can understand how the multiplayer version works :)

#10 InsideReticle

InsideReticle

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

I came here to check if FFG was planning anything new for WH:I, and I was not disappointed.

Now if they can just reprint the corruption cycle with 3x like they are doing for Game of Thrones I can die happy, but I guess that seems really unlikely given the change in release format.

#11 Primus_Magicus

Primus_Magicus

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:41 AM

First reaction was WHAT??. I was waiting for the next cycle to be announced. Did not like it at first, the fulcrums and new release format. Also pretty weird that after so much time they finally start with multiplayer… But after second thoughts it is great to see FFG still develops the game and continues. Also BIG plus for me is that all cards can still be used in the 2 player format (which I first miss while reading and was worried about) as I dont see myself playing with more than 2 players. Well the fulcrums right now make me feel it will be a total different game, well if you dont try it… It will be great for some cards that see some new life (effects that target all opponents). Also great artwork on the box and fulcrum cards, so happy we get more cards. Hopefully more cards with feared, necromancy, savage, raider, ambush and brittonians?

#12 DaTube

DaTube

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:58 AM

Yeeees! Finally!!!!

Cant wait for the release.

#13 KurganDK

KurganDK

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

Excellent news all round! Really hopes thess Fulcrum and Dominance elements work well. In our group, we nearly always play more than 2 players, but this version looks more solid than the one we are using.

#14 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

How do you think will the first turn change or the 1st player will still not draw a card? Or maybe all player will draw cards but can't attack in fisrt turn?

#15 Junglecat

Junglecat

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

When my group plays 4 player games of Invasion, the first 3 players get the first turn penalty. Maybe Cataclysm will do the same. I'm anxious to find out

#16 sch4fchen

sch4fchen

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

finally a multiplayer format for WHI

#17 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

It's updated. Looks like it will hit stores right a month after Steel & Faith (the last battle pack of the Eternal War cycle). Can't wait. reir

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS