• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tenakis

Tenakis

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Hi,

I've just built my first Jinteki deck and will be trialling it out over the next month or so.  I really enjoy Jinteki due to their heavy use of traps and bluffing.  I'm using cards from core, what lies ahead and trace amount.  This is my first attempt at deck building and I've found it hard to get down to 45 cards (but expect that after I play test for a while I'll find out what I like and don't like in the deck).

My aim for this deck is to win through net damage and keep the runner guessing with a lot of traps/shifting of advancement tokens, with the secondary win condition being agenda points.  The list for the first version of the deck is:

Jinteki Personal Evolution Identity Card

Agendas:

2x Nisei MK II

2x Braintrust

3x Fetal AI

2x Priority Requisition

Ice:

2x Snowflake

3x Neural Katana

2x Chum

2x Data Mine

2x Enigma

2x Archer (DANGER ZONE!)

2x Wall of Thrones

3x Ice Wall

Operations/Assets:

3x Hedge Fund

2x Pad Campaign

2x Melange Mining Corp.

3x Trick of Light

2x Shipment from Kaguya

1x Zabatsu Loyalty

1x Akitaro Watanabe

2x Aggressive Secretary

3x Project Junebug

3x Snare (IT'S A TRAP)

I haven't put in Neural EMP or Precognition due to space and wanting to try out some of the expansion cards, although I will trial the deck with versions having them in it.  The big test may be seeing how my economy holds up and if the amount/balance of Ice I have is right (given the number of remote servers I will have, I imagine it's a little light although the high expense to low expense cost is probably ok).

Anyway, comments/thoughts/experience welcome.

#2 MethodicDiscord

MethodicDiscord

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:53 AM

The lack of sensei for the sensei - data mine combo option is interesting.  It can be used to almost guarantee an ended run.  
Also, most every deck i see nowdays is still running Tollbooth have one more edge on money and make the runner think twice about running on servers with one in it.  
How do you think the lack of these things helps/hurts your deck and what strengths weaknesses have you seen it have?

#3 profligate

profligate

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

Sensei + Data Mine isn't a combo.  Data Mine blows itself up before a 2nd suroutine can happen.

#4 MethodicDiscord

MethodicDiscord

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

Oh wow, you're right.  I have a friend who has been running that for a long time.  Gonna have to call him out on it now O.O;

#5 Tenakis

Tenakis

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

MethodicDiscord said:

The lack of sensei for the sensei - data mine combo option is interesting.  It can be used to almost guarantee an ended run.  
Also, most every deck i see nowdays is still running Tollbooth have one more edge on money and make the runner think twice about running on servers with one in it.  
How do you think the lack of these things helps/hurts your deck and what strengths weaknesses have you seen it have?

As mentioned below, I had been thinking about Sensei+data mine but then realised it wouldn't work.  Instead I kept data mine for chum.

Tollbooth is a good suggestion, especially as with Braintrust and Akataro I could make it less expensive.  I'll consider trying it out but the two reasons I haven't included it in the first build is that I'm considering making an NBN deck (just because it seems like a difficult deck to play at least for me) and that I wanted lots of low to medium priced Ice for the many remote servers I'm likely to need to deploy quickly.

But I'll take the suggestion on board and try it out as a variation.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS