Mixing the ccg and the lcg

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 old_school_overlord

old_school_overlord

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

I've recently restarted playing CoC as an old ccg player against people who only have small pools of lcg cards.

My own collection is not hugely extensive, but a few cards have drawn extensive comment & concern.

In particular I've looked to withdraw from my decks: Pulp Writer & Great Old One Rises.

Are there many other cards people would consider inappropriate to play in an lcg game? Fetch Stick & Sharp Shooter are on my watch list (though the later seems no more greivous than Prize Pistols).

Thanks for any comment.

#2 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

"Are there many other cards people would consider inappropriate to play in an lcg game? Fetch Stick & Sharp Shooter are on my watch list (though the later seems no more greivous than Prize Pistols)."

Personally, I think there are a lot of them.  I can't give you any sort of full list as I wasn't around in those days, but for instance the CCG had a lot more cost reducers which I would consider inappropriate.

Anyway, here's my take…  The CCG-era cards are not legal in the LCG.  Your buddies are letting you play them anyway, they're doing you a favor.  In that light, I would go along with whatever they feel is over the top.  But, I would also insist on some structure - keep a written list or something and only add new cards at the end of a full night so you're not stuck re-making decks during what's supposed to be gaming time.  Hopefully they will agree to this as a reasonable request.  Offering to let them use your CCG-era cards too would also be helpful as a goodwill gesture.  It can't be overpowered if anyone can use it, right?  :)

Over time, hopefully the problem will shrink as your LCG collection ramps up.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS