Interesting Idea for a campaign

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Robomummy

Robomummy

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

So I was thinking what if we made one giant campaign in which one person acts as High command, then several GMs who run separate parts of a campaign. Then every week (or as often as the GMs can) they report the player's progress through their part of the campaign. Then based on what the different groups do in their campaign is how it effects the rest of the campaign or other groups.

High command- overall organizer of the game, gives missions to GMs for the group to complete. Also recieves reports from the players and adapts the camapign accordingly. may also act as a GM at their own group.

GMs- recieve the missions and run them at their local group.

Players- participate in the games and represent different squads in a platoon.

I have no Idea how to begin doing something like this but it might be an interesting Idea.

Check out my podcast Buckets Of Dice where myself and a friend review how to start various different kinds of tabletop, roleplaying, and CCG games. http://bucketsofdice.podomatic.com/ Each episode focuses on a new game, we discuss a little about the game's backround, rules, how to start/ what to buy, and a little about the company.  

#2 Plushy

Plushy

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

I've always been envious of the big events Games Workshop used to run (Eye of Terror, Armageddon, etc) so this sort of thing could be a lot of fun. I don't have a group and won't for the foreseeable future, but it sounds like a grand idea to me! You may wish to use a homebrew sector instead of the Spinward Front, but that's just a matter of personal taste.

My apologies to anyone I offend; FFG staff, playtesters, and forum users alike. 

Please check out my Dark Heresy to Only War conversion! You can find it on the main Only War forum. I'm always looking for more people to playtest it!

#3 Robomummy

Robomummy

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

I am working on a campaign and missions but I need at least 3 other people online who would be willing to be GMs, probably wouldnt start for a few weeks but I can make adjustments to missions as the campaign progresses.

Check out my podcast Buckets Of Dice where myself and a friend review how to start various different kinds of tabletop, roleplaying, and CCG games. http://bucketsofdice.podomatic.com/ Each episode focuses on a new game, we discuss a little about the game's backround, rules, how to start/ what to buy, and a little about the company.  

#4 DontEatRawHagis

DontEatRawHagis

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

My old GM did this for a while. Its tough to do. Especially when the two groups might have some crossover.

#5 Feinn

Feinn

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

I think I can muster a group (with me as GM), as long as there will be a lot of thought behind this!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS