Photo

what the "chrono" is and what it does in game?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 gervaz

gervaz

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

When you create regiment, there is an option to take equipment named "chrono". Unfortunately, I havn't found in the whole rulebook - what the "chrono" actually is, and does it give some in'game mechanic bonuses to any action. Can you help?

#2 Routa-maa

Routa-maa

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

It's a clock and you measure time with it. Also before you might ask Calixian Infantryman's Portable Communications Transcription Device is a pen.

Next time little bit easy on posting. You like filled the 1st forum page with this same post.

Muutokselle annamme Elämän, Elämälle annamme Muutoksen.

#3 gervaz

gervaz

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

Sorry - web page didn't respond, so I've been clicking "publish" again and again. I've aske admin to delete tha post. 

Thanks for explanation. But… - it is really ordinary watch? Doesn't it has some futuristic functions?

#4 Musclewizard

Musclewizard

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

Futuristic functions? Well like all 40k tech is has the chance of failing horribly at inopportune times. Otherwise it keeps the time and that's it.

#5 Routa-maa

Routa-maa

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

Read the description of before mentioned pen and there you might find thing or two how you make pens work in GrimDark reir

Muutokselle annamme Elämän, Elämälle annamme Muutoksen.

#6 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

gervaz said:

Sorry - web page didn't respond, so I've been clicking "publish" again and again. I've aske admin to delete tha post. 

Thanks for explanation. But… - it is really ordinary watch? Doesn't it has some futuristic functions?

Well I hear Best-craftsmanship Chronos work even while it's raining and up to a underwater depth of 50m, but that's probably just a legend.

Gamergate Primer

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#7 Kiton

Kiton

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

The final punishment inflicted upon the Iron Men, each and every one of their recuperated AI cores were meticulously installed in a small, housing where their unholy, trecherous machine spirit is damned to forever be drained of its essence in service of mankind, suffering the agonizing death of entropy while ill-maintained, incapable of any interaction with the outside world beyond the occasional, personel-authorised scheduled screams of their eternal torment.

Magos of the Ordo-Chronos claim that The Omnissiah is satisfied within standard parameters each and every time the abominations of our past are accidentally lost or crushed, and will gladly supply those who die in His Name with replacements as a symbol of His Eternal Fury.

[he's getting banned for all that flooding right?]

#8 borithan

borithan

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:45 AM

It gives a +5 to the Timekeeping skill.

#9 TorogTarkdacil812

TorogTarkdacil812

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

You can use alsmost any stick, including your trusty lasgun as poor-craftmanship chrono, if you stick it in the ground on sunny day and pass Timekeeping skill and Common Lore (local)

There is nothing as good as seeing rebel scum running out of a cave full of gas, right into the blasters of your battalion-–well, except sunrises, but for those you have to get up early.

#10 KommissarK

KommissarK

• Members
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

I've always viewed the lack of a chrono as a means of making it so that the party can't organize to trigger an ambush on an enemy "in 5 minutes." They could use other signalling devices, or even micro-beads, but if they don't have a chrono, they just can't really synchronize their actions.

I do think it is relevent (or at least hilarious) that it is indeed an item to be acquired. I would by no means handwave its usefulness.

#11 Kasatka

Kasatka

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

KommissarK said:

I've always viewed the lack of a chrono as a means of making it so that the party can't organize to trigger an ambush on an enemy "in 5 minutes." They could use other signalling devices, or even micro-beads, but if they don't have a chrono, they just can't really synchronize their actions.

I do think it is relevent (or at least hilarious) that it is indeed an item to be acquired. I would by no means handwave its usefulness.

Indeed - our Light Infantry regiment all have chronos, smoke/frag grenades and grapnels. So far every game session has involved sprinting, combination of smoke and frag for cover and grapnels to get either out of the way of danger or to attack from an unexpected angle.

While we've not implicitly needed the chrono yet as we've been operating as part of larger infantry formations i am glad we purchased them as we don't have com beads (i as sergeant have been given it on occasion as mission assignment gear). I'm looking forwards to mission briefings where we get to say things like "At 0700 hours your squad will deploy smoke at the target zone and await fire support" sonreir

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper.

Only those that prosper may truly judge what is sane.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS