• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Belavor

Belavor

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

First off:

1. Not played the game yet, just read the rules.

2. Apologies if this question has already been covered.

and 3. Apologies if this is answered in the rulebook and I somehow missed it :)

So, Agendas form the scoring, and as far as I'm aware the Agendas are always face down in an 'inactive' state as you start attempting to advance them.

My understanding is that when enough advancement points are placed on an agenda, (and the corp. chooses to do so), the agenda is claimed by the corp. and when it is accessed by the Runner then it is stolen by the runner. I hope my understanding of that is correct so far.

I was watching a game online that was half-way through and one of the corps' remote servers had an agenda card face up, so…how did that happen?

Is this down to a card effect that forces a reveal of a remote server, or have I missed something?

Also - a few clarifications:

1. Am I right in saying that if you have an agenda and 2 upgrades on a remote server, and a runner accesses that server, then they get to look at the agenda and both upgrades?

2. When a Runner accesses a remote server with an asset card, even when it's not rezzed, are the effects of the card still triggered before the Runner can trash it, (if the option is available)? If this were the case, such as the card "aggressive secretary", why would you ever want to rez it?

Thanks guys.

#2 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

First off, welcome to the game!

There should never be a face-up agenda in a remote server.  It's possible that during that game, the Runner exposed that agenda, and then the Corp just left it faceup as an aid to memory, but in general that shouldn't happen.

1. Yes, the Runner will access all cards in the server, one at a time.

2. In general, cards need to be rezzed for their text to be active, but there is an exception - if a card has a "when the Runner accesses" effect on it, it doesn't need to be rezzed for that effect to occur.  So practically speaking, there is never a reason to rez Aggressive Secretary or Snare! or whatnot.

(btw, that last ruling is from the FAQ.  It's worth a read!)

#3 Belavor

Belavor

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

Thanks for the response and the welcome. I shall endevour to read the rulebooks and faqs, (forgot about them.)

It's very helpful to get another rewording of some of the rules. It looks like a great game and I look forward to playing it in a few hours.

So in response, one or two more questions:

1. Should a runner choose not to trash an asset which he has accessed, I'm assuming that asset remains and the Runner would know not to access that remote server again - unless the Corp. decided to trash that asset for a different asset or agenda card.

2. Am I reading the book correctly in saying that all agenda cards are stolen from the Archives if the Runner is able to access it? Do you find yourselves rarley putting agendas in archives, or do you just dedicate loads of ICE to that server? It just seems that the Runner could easily win if there were too many agendas in the archives and it was accessed - but I'm sure that's been taken into account in the way you play.

#4 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

Both 1 and 2 are correct.

Regarding Agendas in Archives - that's part of the game.  The Corp will generally want to avoid putting agendas in Archives, but sometimes they have no choice (see Noise's ability).  Also, since they have to draw 1 card per turn at minimum, there may come a time when they must discard because their hand is too large.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS