Wheel of Time mod for WFRP3ed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

Me and my girlfriend have recently begun working on a Wheel of Time modification for WFRP3ed. Most things work well as they are, however some things will have to be modified. Mainly the system for magic, while we intend to keep the core rules for magic as unchanged as possible, some changes have to be made to make it feel more in line with how channeling works in Wheel of Time universe, and a few new spells need to be created as well.

Further we intend to create some more new creature and item cards, as well as a few new careers and modifications of existing careers. A couple of new skills, actions and talents might be needed as well. Lastly, we feel that the nations in Randland should have different bonuses/special abilities at character creation (much like the regions presented in the Hero's Call).

It's far from done, we've only just begun, but would anyone be interested in it when it is finished? Also, feel free to share any ideas or input.

#2 Kartigan

Kartigan

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

I would be HUGELY interested in something exactly like that when you're finished.  I've often had the thought to try something like that myself, but since I'm only on my 3rd or 4th session of the game as is (and I'm a newbie to the world of Warhammer at that), I feel like I have so much to explore already I have no need to go creating things like that just yet.

However I did have the exact same thought when I first began playing this.  Being a Wheel of Time fan I really was amazed at how well many of the things could be transfered straight over, or transfered over with just some modification.  Anyway, I'd definitely be interested in hearing how things go and seeing a finished product if you ever made one.  I am going to PM you, and if I think of any "brilliant" ideas for the transfer I'll be sure to message them to you.

#3 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

Definitly, I feel that WFRP3ed is among the best roleplaying systems (that I've found) for adaption to Wheel of Time. We'll probably post some PDF's in the making and ask for feedback along the way. Both of us are huge fans of WoT, as well as WFRP3ed, so it might turn out allright, we have high hopes at the moment.

Right now it's in the "concept stage" where me and my gal mostly brainstorm and write down all ideas we come up with. Hopefully, we'll start working on the project "for real" soon.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS