#1 Lord Kalten

Lord Kalten

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

Dragon Rules - encountering spaces.

Hi all,

A few questions….

As far as I can tell, there are a number of combinations that can happen on spaces in conjunction with Dragon cards:

Part 1:
- it may be a card space
- it may be space like Village where you visit someone

Part 2:
- There may be a dragon card on the space
- There may be an adventure card on the space (even on a Village space where some low powered rodent is moving anti-clockwise on the board or

something)
- There may be a dragon scale on the space.

Part 3:
- The dragon card might not be a card of the current Dragon King

Part 4:
- The adventure can choose to encounter the space or the dragon scale (although he has to encounter the dragon scale if its the colour of the dragon

king)

Questions:

1) I land on the village and there is a dragon scale, an adventure card where some rodent is moving around the board.  Assuming the scale is not of the current Dragon King.  If I encounter the space, does the rodent Adventure card get encountered first?  Can I visit the village afterwards?

2) I land on a space that states Draw 1 card.  There is a Red Dragon card face up.  There is an adventure card face up.  There is a Yellow dragon scale on the space.  Yellow Dragon is king.  I have to draw a Yellow Dragon Card.  Do I encounter the Red Dragon card and the Adventure card afterwards?  If both the Red Dragon card and the Yellow Dragon card are strength creatures, are they encountered together and fight as one unit?

3) I land on a space that states Draw 1 card.  There is a Red Dragon card face up.  There is an adventure card face up.  There is a Yellow dragon scale on the space.  Red Dragon is king.  I don't have to draw a Yellow Dragon Card.  Do I have to encounter the Red Dragon card?  If I draw the Yellow Dragon card which is mandatory, what are my options for encountering the Red Dragon and the Adventure card already there afterwards?

Thanks.

#2 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

Lord Kalten said:

Dragon Rules - encountering spaces.

Hi all,

A few questions….

As far as I can tell, there are a number of combinations that can happen on spaces in conjunction with Dragon cards:

Part 1:
- it may be a card space
- it may be space like Village where you visit someone

Part 2:
- There may be a dragon card on the space
- There may be an adventure card on the space (even on a Village space where some low powered rodent is moving anti-clockwise on the board or

something)
- There may be a dragon scale on the space.

Part 3:
- The dragon card might not be a card of the current Dragon King

Part 4:
- The adventure can choose to encounter the space or the dragon scale (although he has to encounter the dragon scale if its the colour of the dragon

king)

Questions:

1) I land on the village and there is a dragon scale, an adventure card where some rodent is moving around the board.  Assuming the scale is not of the current Dragon King.  If I encounter the space, does the rodent Adventure card get encountered first?  Can I visit the village afterwards?

2) I land on a space that states Draw 1 card.  There is a Red Dragon card face up.  There is an adventure card face up.  There is a Yellow dragon scale on the space.  Yellow Dragon is king.  I have to draw a Yellow Dragon Card.  Do I encounter the Red Dragon card and the Adventure card afterwards?  If both the Red Dragon card and the Yellow Dragon card are strength creatures, are they encountered together and fight as one unit?

3) I land on a space that states Draw 1 card.  There is a Red Dragon card face up.  There is an adventure card face up.  There is a Yellow dragon scale on the space.  Red Dragon is king.  I don't have to draw a Yellow Dragon Card.  Do I have to encounter the Red Dragon card?  If I draw the Yellow Dragon card which is mandatory, what are my options for encountering the Red Dragon and the Adventure card already there afterwards?

Thanks.

You could answer these questions by yourself if you mastered the basic Talisman game before adding the Dragon expansion.

There are "draw-card spaces" and "no draw-card spaces" on the board. On the first category, you draw cards up to the maximum allowed on the space and then encounter all cards on the space. On the second category, you encounter any cards that are faceup on the space first, then you encounter the no draw-card space as normal. This is written in the Base game rulebook and there's a flow diagram (Talisman Encounter Sequence) on the last page that helps a lot.

The Dragon scales should be treated as written in the Dragon Rulebook. Scales must be encountered if they match the current dragon king, otherwise you may encounter the space as normal. Encountering the space brings you to the paragraph above, but remember that Dragon cards faceup on a space are just like any other Adventure card. Encountering the scale makes you draw a matching Dragon card, then you encounter all cards on the space. That's in the Rulebook my friend, written in italics to make it easier to notice.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS