Photo

Research: In which official Products Altdorf apear?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Glorian Underhill

Glorian Underhill

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

Hi folks,

I'm making some background search on Altdorf for a private project. And so I'm doing some research stuff for the city.

So I'm thinking in which books I need to start my search. What came to my mind where:

1. The Spires of Altdorf, but the lack of any actual locations is sad. The Nuln, Middenheim and old Marienburg supplement was way greater.

2. The Endpart of TEW 2.0 in the thousand taverns valley.

3. Minimal stuff from the first Felix and Gotrek novels.

4. Warhammer Online City map from the Warhammer Online Atlas.

5. Beasts in Velvet

6. The Thanquol novel playing in Altdorf, Doom of the Prophet..something.

Any further ideas?

I'm not that familiar with 1st Edition stuff and every novel though most of it. :)

#2 Glorian Underhill

Glorian Underhill

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

Grimnirs golden Balls!

I have just started my research proper and found this! Directly on the biggest and best interactive Map of Altdorf EVER!

He has alot of Background infos, Adventure Hooks galore and is THE definite Altdorf Expert!

His iAltdorf Map ist just to great to describe!

http://altdorfer.blo...f-download.html

And from the legend of his map is most of the stuff I need to know:

This map shows Altdorf, Imperial Capital, under the rule of Kaiser Karl-Franz in the year of 2522. It is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games

Workshop Limited, or Fantasy Flight Games. Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, WFRP, Games Workshop and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia,

characters, vehicles, locations, units, artefacts, illustrations and images from the Warhammer world are either ®, ™ and/or © Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2010,

variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. Used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to

their respective owners.

This map was created by Magnus Seter. It was inspired and based upon the Altdorf map created by Charles Elliot, originally published in The Enemy Within.

That map is © Games Workshop, 1986. This map references material from Empire in Flames (by Carl Sargent, published by Games Workshop), Spires of

Altdorf (by David Chart, published by Black Industries), Night's Dark Masters (by Steven Darlington and Jody Macgregor), The Enemy Within (by Jim

Bambra, Phil Gallagher and Graeme Davis, published by Games Workshop), Shades of Empire (by Eric Cagle, David Chart, Steve Darlington, Andrew Law,

Jody Macgregor and Chris Pramas, published by Fantasy Flight Games), Elfslayer (by Bill King, published by Black Library), Burn After Printing (by J. Alexander

Bateman, finalist in the 2009 scenario competition, released as a PDF), and (by permission) the map of the Altdorf University found in Liber Fanatica

IV (created by Henrik Gronberg) as well as the unofficial fan article The Imperial Capital of Altdorf (by Arne Dam, Roderic d'Arcon and Alfred Nunez Jr.

Additional Background by Timothy Eccles and Anthony Ragan). It also references locations taken from the WFRP campaign of Magnus Seter. It also references

locations taken from the WFRP campaign of Magnus Seter. For more information, please see the companion spreadsheet, or go to

altdorfer.blogspot.com.

Version 1.2

#3 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

Tis a very impressive find to be sure!

jh

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS