Move To Location with Monster and Gate

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kerrin2

Kerrin2

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

This is probably an easy question for y'all…

When an investigator moves to a location that has both a monster and a gate, does the investigator fight he monster as part of the movement phase before going through te gate in the encounter phase?

By the way, I've learned a lot from reading the various threads here, so thank y'all for that!

#2 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

Yes, you deal with the monster during the movement phase, because that is when you deal with monsters on the board.

Afterward, if you've survived that monster encounter, you will enter the gate during the Encounters phase.

#3 Kerrin2

Kerrin2

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

Thank you for clarifying, Tibs.

#4 eiterorm

eiterorm

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

I'll just add that the monster can also be evaded, as normal. And, if there are monsters guarding the gate when you return to Arkham from an Other World, you don't have to deal with these the same turn you return to Arkham. (although you still may do so if you wish) In other words, if there are monsters guarding the gate when you return to Arkham, you always get one attempt at closing the gate before you have to deal with the monsters.

#5 Kerrin2

Kerrin2

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

Thank you for the further clarification, eiterorm. I was thinking of asking about that as a follow up question.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS