New GM, how to know how many enemies to place on the board

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 William232

William232

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

I've flipped through the rules a couple of times now and havn't found anything to calculate the number of enemies you should bring to fight the Player characters. I've found a "TB" stat listed on the NPCs, but without a "TB" stat for the players, it is hard to create an encounter that would be both challenging but not be unfair to the player characters. Am i missing a part of the rules? How do yall calculate how many enemies to bring?

#2 Routa-maa

Routa-maa

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

William232 said:

I've flipped through the rules a couple of times now and havn't found anything to calculate the number of enemies you should bring to fight the Player characters. I've found a "TB" stat listed on the NPCs, but without a "TB" stat for the players, it is hard to create an encounter that would be both challenging but not be unfair to the player characters. Am i missing a part of the rules? How do yall calculate how many enemies to bring?

Firstly, "TB" is abbrevation of Toughness Bonus, this is for easier calculation for total AP (Armor points) + TB (Tougness Bonus) when reducing damage.

OW p.350 has the information about enemy challenge ratings and how many to include to make it a challenge for said squad.

Here's how adversaries are categorized in OW: Troops, Elites, Masters and Handlers & Minions

Muutokselle annamme Elämän, Elämälle annamme Muutoksen.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS