Luke Skywalker and an unoposed combat

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hannibal_pjv

Hannibal_pjv

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

If you attack with Luke and opponent dows not play any defenders, can you use Lukes text to hit a character that is not in the combat. I would say yes, because you chose not to hit the not existing opponent and instead chose another target, but I just wan to be sure…

Allso if you don't meet defenders you have an unopposed wictory, but I expect that you have to play at least one edge battle card to activate the second blast icon, or is it automatic even if yo don't play any cards in edge battle. I would say the first because you and opponent did have same amount of power in the edge battle (0 - 0) so defender wins.

Can you attact with a character that don't have a blast icon and dot strike at all (an unopposed battle) and you don't get focus token because you did not make any strikes during the "combat". This seems not to be right, but I didnt find any rules that forces you to strike (if you don't have any icon that allows you to strike) … This does not look like a logical solution, but maybe I am missing something or there is a hole in the rules?

#2 ScottieATF

ScottieATF

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

Hannibal_pjv said:

If you attack with Luke and opponent dows not play any defenders, can you use Lukes text to hit a character that is not in the combat. I would say yes, because you chose not to hit the not existing opponent and instead chose another target, but I just wan to be sure…

Allso if you don't meet defenders you have an unopposed wictory, but I expect that you have to play at least one edge battle card to activate the second blast icon, or is it automatic even if yo don't play any cards in edge battle. I would say the first because you and opponent did have same amount of power in the edge battle (0 - 0) so defender wins.

Can you attact with a character that don't have a blast icon and dot strike at all (an unopposed battle) and you don't get focus token because you did not make any strikes during the "combat". This seems not to be right, but I didnt find any rules that forces you to strike (if you don't have any icon that allows you to strike) … This does not look like a logical solution, but maybe I am missing something or there is a hole in the rules?

That is exactly what Targetted Strike does, even if there are defenders. So long as he is attacking.

You must re-read the Edge Battle rules.  No declared defenders means an Auto-edge win for the attacker.

You also must re-read the Resolving Strike section.  An engagement can not end with an unexhausted unit participating.  You must strike icons or not.

Also this belongs in the rules forum

#3 Hannibal_pjv

Hannibal_pjv

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

Thanks for anvers and sorry for wrong forum… Still learning this game and this www-site too…

#4 Hannibal_pjv

Hannibal_pjv

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

One more question. Luke says that … instead damage a target enemy…

Does this mean that when using targeted strike Luke has use his 2 damage to a single target? Or can it be divided between multible targets. One in combat, one outside of the combat?

#5 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

Hannibal_pjv said:

One more question. Luke says that … instead damage a target enemy…

Does this mean that when using targeted strike Luke has use his 2 damage to a single target? Or can it be divided between multible targets. One in combat, one outside of the combat?

pg 25:

"Targeted strike
When a card with the “Targeted Strike” keyword strikes during an engagement as an attacker, damage from its [unit damage] icon type may be assigned to one target enemy unit card, even if that unit is not participating in the engagement."

#6 Hannibal_pjv

Hannibal_pjv

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

Thanks again! There seems to be even more jumping in the rules than normal for FFG rules, but the floshart in the end of the book seems to be usefull, if you want to have everything in one plase… So finally getting crasp of the things in here.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS