Aragorn (Lore) and Gandalf (Hobbit)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Alex6222

Alex6222

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:29 AM

I think i know the answer but just to be sure. Gandalf says that i have to discard it at the end of the Refresh Phase unless i raise my threat by 2. So would this happen Before i reduce my threat with Aragorn or would it happen After. I think is the first one, but then again just to be sure.

#2 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

The way I think it's played is that Aragorn's refresh action takes place before Gandalf's forced text, so you would add on 2 threat to your starting threat after you refresh.  The reason being that Gandalf is still in play after he refreshes, and you could use an event like Word of Comand before he is discarded.  Aragorn's refresh action would also take place during this player action window.  I think when all player actions are completed then Gandalf's forced text takes place at the end of the round.

'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#3 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

Completely missed that. Damn!

And thanks for bringing that up.

#4 Thanatopsis

Thanatopsis

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

The Turn Sequence chart from the rule book can also be used to explain this.

Aragorn's card text is a "Refresh Action". There is only one available action window for this to happen: after card refresh, after the +1 threat, and after the first player token passes. Then Aragorn may use his ability. Gandalf's ability states "at the end of the resource phase" which could alternatively be written "just before the first player collects resources in the resource phase." That is, it occurs after the action window.

So, if you're sitting at 48 threat, Aragorn can save you before Gandalf's ability ends the game for you

However, if you're sitting at 49 threat, Aragorn cannot save you from the +1 threat bump.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS