immunity and targeting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Robby Stark

Robby Stark

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:44 AM

can a character that is immune to an effect still be chosen as the target of that effect? I'll give an example.

lets say I have 2 characters in play, cat o the canals and hodor. ''marched to the wall'' comes up. do I have to discard hodor, or can I choose cat as the target of the plot card and discard no one since she is immune.

#2 Vaapad

Vaapad

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:01 AM

You cannot choose a card to fulfill an effect if it is immune to that effect 

a common example is when Power of Blood is a revealed plot card and you lose a military challenge on defense and have a noble character in play.  You must kill another character for claim -- you cannot choose the noble character and then avoid claim entirely bc the noble character cannot be killed.

"And for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of dragons."

#3 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,184 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:54 AM

In general, "immune to X" means two separate things:

1. The immune card cannot be chosen as the target of X.
  2. The immune card ignores any direct effects X would have on it, targeted or not.

The direct answer to your question in #1.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS