• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 protocol_7

protocol_7

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

Let's say Parasite had 4 tokens and hosted on Toll Booth

I'm running on a corp's server with Toll Booth.

I also have Ice Carver out.

Do I pay the 3 credits?

Thanks,

#2 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:30 AM

Nope, Tollbooth will be trashed as soon as it's encountered.  That's because both Parasite and Ice Carver's effects are constant, and will take effect before Tollbooth's text, which is conditional.

#3 protocol_7

protocol_7

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

That makes sense.

Thanks for the reply

#4 profligate

profligate

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

Not only that, but when multiple same-triggered conditional actions are taking place, the active player gets to choose what order to resolve them, and if a card is no longer around when its turn to resolve comes up, it doesn't resolve.  Don't mistake things as working like the stack in M:tG

#5 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

Not quite - the active player resolves all of their conditionals in the order they choose first, THEN the other player's effects resolve in the order chosen by the active player.

#6 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

so, what happens if parasite is on tollbooth, and no ice carver, but you have a datasucker with enough counters to kill tollbooth… would you be able to lower its strength to 0 and trash it before paying the 3 credits? 

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#7 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

stormwolf27 said:

so, what happens if parasite is on tollbooth, and no ice carver, but you have a datasucker with enough counters to kill tollbooth… would you be able to lower its strength to 0 and trash it before paying the 3 credits? 

nvm. Was reading the FAQ to answer another question and found the answer to this one.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#8 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

And in case anyone else is curious, the answer to that question is "no".

#9 Butaman551

Butaman551

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

radiskull said:

Not quite - the active player resolves all of their conditionals in the order they choose first, THEN the other player's effects resolve in the order chosen by the active player.

I'm assuming that you are not actually saying that (in the case of a run) the runner (as the active player) is able to choose the order that the corp's effects resolve once the runner has resolved all of his own effects. I'm pretty sure that the corp chooses the order his own effects resolve in (once the runner has had his chance). 

#10 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

I misspoke. that's correct.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS