Jump to content



Photo

One Stables Deck?


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 azoic

azoic

    Member

  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

What do you think? One Stables Deck?

On BGG Ell. suggested to use two different Stables decks.

I think there is only one Stables deck!
Cards with the same back are always combined.
There is no reason to keep them separate.

All other decks are also combined if they show
the same back. E.g. there is no Dungeon Spell
Cards deck, or no Frostmarch Warlock Quest
Cards deck.

The cards are called Stables Cards, they are not
called City Stables Cards, they are not called new

Stables Cards. The cards from the Sacred Pool are
not called Livery Stables Card.

At the Stables you may buy Stable Cards and at the
Livery Stable you may buy Stable Cards.

I can not find any rule not to combine the Stables Cards!

… same back, same deck!

 



#2 Uvatha

Uvatha

    Member

  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Seperate stable decks? Uh? Whats up with that :).



#3 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

    Talisman Veteran

  • Members
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

5 Warhorses available to buy in the Stables in the City??? Probably be none left for the Stables Adventure Cards!!!

Ell.



#4 talismanisland

talismanisland

    Harbourmaster

  • Members
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

That would only make it the same as any Purchase deck. If something is not available to buy, then you have lucked out. Better get to The City and BUY BUY BUY!


Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#5 Uvatha

Uvatha

    Member

  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

The real prob is not the stable deck or how many warhorses there are? its the rule that a player can use more than one at a time. Add "only one warhorse can be used at one time" and the amount of them just means there is plenty to go around.



#6 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

 

I think that i will combine the stable cards too.

I agree with Azoic, that the cards are the same.

The stable adventure card gives you a choice to buy horses etc there. There is no reason to make a separate deck for that.



#7 0beron

0beron

    Member

  • Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

Velhart said:

 

I think that i will combine the stable cards too.

I agree with Azoic, that the cards are the same.

The stable adventure card gives you a choice to buy horses etc there. There is no reason to make a separate deck for that.

Hi Velhart! Where you been?  Probably playing a lot with the City?



#8 Uvatha

Uvatha

    Member

  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

You know, after reading the city rules im thinking just maybe both decks are seperate. The way its worded in setting up The City it sounds like all the city purchace cards have to be placed near each shop. Nothing says shuffle both decks together? I agree upon looking at it, it looks silly but why is a warhorse 4gold in the city and 6gold outside now thats silly :). Mind you i havent played it yet so really should wait off my judgement.



#9 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

Uvatha said:

 

You know, after reading the city rules im thinking just maybe both decks are seperate. The way its worded in setting up The City it sounds like all the city purchace cards have to be placed near each shop.

 

That's the point.

Uvatha said:

Nothing says shuffle both decks together? I agree upon looking at it, it looks silly but why is a warhorse 4gold in the city and 6gold outside now thats silly :).

 

That's not silly. Silliness emerges from the comparison between Livery Stables and City Stables:

Outside: Riding Horse 2G, Mule 3G, Horse and Cart 4G, Warhorse 6G

City: Riding Horse 2G, Mule 3G, Warhorse 4G, Horse and Cart 5G

In principle it's correct that goods in the City are less costly, but the reality is that Riding Horse and Mule are at the same price, while Warhorse is on hard discount and Horse and Cart are too expensive!

Before there was a "City of Adventure", now we have a City set up for war, both physical and magical.



#10 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

0beron said:

Velhart said:

 

 

I think that i will combine the stable cards too.

I agree with Azoic, that the cards are the same.

The stable adventure card gives you a choice to buy horses etc there. There is no reason to make a separate deck for that.

 

Hi Velhart! Where you been?  Probably playing a lot with the City?

 

 

Hi Oberon,

 

I am still waiting for the City expansion. My local shop has not receive it yet. I hope i will get it soon :)

I am also playing other boardgames such as Descent, Dungeon quest etc :) But Talisman is my first choice of course :D

 



#11 Uvatha

Uvatha

    Member

  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

The_Warlock said:

In principle it's correct that goods in the City are less costly, but the reality is that Riding Horse and Mule are at the same price, while Warhorse is on hard discount and Horse and Cart are too expensive!

Your basing your principle on worldly principle with the same logic it wouldnt be possible for one person to use all the warhorses in the game at once ethier but you can? In talisman ;).



#12 Nidhögg

Nidhögg

    Member

  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:05 AM

We have houseruled it so you can only use one Warhorse in battle. No pack of frenzy steeds in our games. Well, unless your playing the Gladiator of course ;)



#13 BanthaFodder

BanthaFodder

    Member

  • Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:22 AM

Of course you have different prices.

From the main game: Sword, Helmet and Shield are 1G more expensive in the Village than at the Market

 

Market:
 
Sword 1G
Helmet 1G
Shield 2G
 
Village:
 
Sword 2G
Helmet 2G
Shield 3G
 


#14 0beron

0beron

    Member

  • Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

Velhart said:

 

Hi Oberon,

 

I am still waiting for the City expansion. My local shop has not receive it yet. I hope i will get it soon :)

I am also playing other boardgames such as Descent, Dungeon quest etc :) But Talisman is my first choice of course :D

 

Well I missed your inciteful commentary and ideas, friend!  We did get the City, but we've only played one game, and… as usual, it ended up in a draw… neither of us got to the Inner and it took almost 3 hours for us to decide to quit.

My wife got the Bounty Hunter and eventually went into the City where she bought a flail. She was pretty awesome and unstoppable. I was the Valkyie and I did okay, didn't buy much of anything in the City, but it was fun anyway. I kept waiting for her to buy a pet… in the hopes that once she lost it, as Valkrie I could resurrect it for myself. LOL!  We hope to play this weekend again.



#15 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

    Member

  • Members
  • 925 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

Sure could use a ruling on this. Since the backs of the cards are the same, I'm inclined to think that you put both decks together and the first one there gets the better deal, but it would be nice to know for sure…



#16 0beron

0beron

    Member

  • Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

We only played one game with the City, but we used all the sets (I've mentioned our variation with Dragons before) and we did put both stable decks together, since they really are the same (slight color tint difference).

 My interpretation is the same, when you run out, you run out, but either stables draws from the same source. ON another thought, I also believe you shouldn't be able to double up on the warhorse thing.



#17 Uvatha

Uvatha

    Member

  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

BanthaFodder said:

Of course you have different prices.

From the main game: Sword, Helmet and Shield are 1G more expensive in the Village than at the Market

 

Market:
 
Sword 1G
Helmet 1G
Shield 2G
 
Village:
 
Sword 2G
Helmet 2G
Shield 3G
 

Yeah…. but the Market is a Adventure Card and the Village (blacksmith) is a space. Plus the prices are just 1G diff allround not 2 less 1 more etc etc.it would be ok if the prices were 1G cheaper or 1G more and then playtested to make sure its balanced. The trouble is the way it is its hard to see a balance?



#18 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

0beron said:

 

Well I missed your inciteful commentary and ideas, friend!  We did get the City, but we've only played one game, and… as usual, it ended up in a draw… neither of us got to the Inner and it took almost 3 hours for us to decide to quit.

 

My wife got the Bounty Hunter and eventually went into the City where she bought a flail. She was pretty awesome and unstoppable. I was the Valkyie and I did okay, didn't buy much of anything in the City, but it was fun anyway. I kept waiting for her to buy a pet… in the hopes that once she lost it, as Valkrie I could resurrect it for myself. LOL!  We hope to play this weekend again.

Thank you oberon.

I am glad you enjoy the City expansion.

The City expansion looks fun to me. You can buy a lot of goodies there :)

I think that i will go into the Highlands, as soon as the game begins :D

 

 



#19 0beron

0beron

    Member

  • Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

Velhart said:

0beron said:

 

 

Well I missed your inciteful commentary and ideas, friend!  We did get the City, but we've only played one game, and… as usual, it ended up in a draw… neither of us got to the Inner and it took almost 3 hours for us to decide to quit.

 

My wife got the Bounty Hunter and eventually went into the City where she bought a flail. She was pretty awesome and unstoppable. I was the Valkyie and I did okay, didn't buy much of anything in the City, but it was fun anyway. I kept waiting for her to buy a pet… in the hopes that once she lost it, as Valkrie I could resurrect it for myself. LOL!  We hope to play this weekend again.

 

 

Thank you oberon.

I am glad you enjoy the City expansion.

The City expansion looks fun to me. You can buy a lot of goodies there :)

I think that i will go into the Highlands, as soon as the game begins :D

 

 

We've started our second game (we're old and slow, LOL) on Thursday night; played till midnight, played another hour or so, last night, hope to finish it up tonight.

  We're both Evil Sisters! I'm the Vampiress and she is the Dark Cultist. We're rather similar but not altogether.  The Madcap turned me Good, which was unbearable. Took me a while to get back to evil.

  I bought Terrance the Tortise, who is adorable, and helps me move 1 space at a time, which can be really helpful.  Oh and I got the Rage Talon in the Highlands, so I'm pretty good to go. 

 Later, my friend!






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS