Question about the Hobbit expansion

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Riuka

Riuka

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

I only have one copy of the the Core set and I am not thinking about buying the Hobbit first expansion because I love the story and it looks great. Are the quests achievable with only the core set cards and the Hobbit ones? Is it legal to include cards from the Hobbit expansion set into tournament decks and in decks to complete other quests (i.e. core's third quest)?

Thanks

#2 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,771 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

Riuka said:

I only have one copy of the the Core set and I am not thinking about buying the Hobbit first expansion because I love the story and it looks great. Are the quests achievable with only the core set cards and the Hobbit ones? Is it legal to include cards from the Hobbit expansion set into tournament decks and in decks to complete other quests (i.e. core's third quest)?

Thanks

it will be very difficut with just core and hobbit set cards. you are missing alot of key characters and items/events etc that the quests have been designed to be played with, so i would say try building your collection first….thats not to say its impossible- if you like a challenge ;)

you can use player cards from the hobbit sets in all scenarios and vice versa, as long as you dont break the usual game rules such as 3 copies max of each card, not having bilbo from the hunt for gollum pack used (as bilbo from the hobbit set has to be used)

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#3 Hannibal_pjv

Hannibal_pjv

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

Allso it seems to be so that it should be possible to "solve" the Hobbit scenarios with core and Hobith scenario cards by using cards from both Hobit scenarios! They were developed together, so It may be wice to wait In the Doorstep and buy both Hobit packs together and then makes your first run for the Dragon hoard! There are many card synnergy combinations when having them both.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS