To die or not allowed to die

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Krulag

Krulag

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

I drew the familiar and claimed I walosng thelife to take it as a follower. My friend threw a preservation on me and which preserved the life I was trying to lose. Does this man  have to drop the failiar? Or can I still lose a life after preservation has taken effect and keep the familiar? Preservations says it prevents me from losing a life, so technically I didn't lose a life, so am I still able to lose one. Thanx for any help I can get

#2 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

Krulag said:

I drew the familiar and claimed I walosng thelife to take it as a follower. My friend threw a preservation on me and which preserved the life I was trying to lose. Does this man  have to drop the failiar? Or can I still lose a life after preservation has taken effect and keep the familiar? Preservations says it prevents me from losing a life, so technically I didn't lose a life, so am I still able to lose one. Thanx for any help I can get

In Talisman there's no difference between paying a Life and losing a Life as in other games. You must lose 1 Life to take the Familiar, but I don't think Preservation can force you to drop the Familiar. If you lose 1 Life and somebody preserves it with a Spell, you're still able to lose another Life and fulfill the condition. 

There's a Warlock Quest that says "lose 1 Life"; if somebody casts Preservation on you it prevents the loss, the Spell will work but after that you'll lose a Life as the WQ forces you to complete the quest as soon as possible. I'll handle the Familiar case in the same manner. It's a way to waste the Preservation Spell, but it won't impact the game in other ways.

#3 ososober

ososober

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

for the familiar card, the trigger or effect lose a life happens, then the counter to that loss is the preservation, the "lose a life effect" of the card has been fulfiled because the effect has triggered, and therefore in my opinion you get the card as all previous conditions have been triggered.

same would be the case in the desert, lose a life then draw a card, the trigger lose a life would happen, then, preservation would remove the lose of life, and you would still be able to draw a card afterward,

and again the same would happen with warlock quest lose one life

#4 frogemoth

frogemoth

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:32 AM

Preservation cannot be cast in this case since the spell state that it prevents the loss of a life as a result of a combat, restoration on the other hand fill the bill.

#5 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:44 AM

frogemoth said:

Preservation cannot be cast in this case since the spell state that it prevents the loss of a life as a result of a combat, restoration on the other hand fill the bill.

Preservation

Cast as required, on any character, Follower, or Enemy. It prevents a character from losing a life or a Follower from being killed. When cast on an Enemy, it prevents it from being killed, and the attack is considered a stand-off.

Restoration

Cast as required, on any character or Follower, to prevent a character from losing a life or a Follower from being killed.

They both fill the bill.

#6 frogemoth

frogemoth

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:03 AM

Classic mistake, I mixed up Preservation and Ressurection, again :(

#7 Krulag

Krulag

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Thanx all. Appreciate the help

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS