Dark Side Back of card Imprint…

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Reklawyad

Reklawyad

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

So after getting the set, I've noticed that on the back of just my Dark Side Card Sleeves, the Star Wars logo has a sort of dent in it, I thought it was just related to the Red Dragon Shield sleeves I picked up, but it also is showing on the Emp Palp card backs as well. It is not showing in the light side cards, so this is really a weird thing to see. 

Anyone else notice this?

#2 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

Reklawyad said:

So after getting the set, I've noticed that on the back of just my Dark Side Card Sleeves, the Star Wars logo has a sort of dent in it, I thought it was just related to the Red Dragon Shield sleeves I picked up, but it also is showing on the Emp Palp card backs as well. It is not showing in the light side cards, so this is really a weird thing to see. 

Anyone else notice this?

That is in fact weird. I say take em back … I don't like imperfections in the card sleeves.

Welcome to the machine!

#3 Reklawyad

Reklawyad

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Well it's funny because its only on the back of the dark side cards, the whole "Star Wars" logo is almost like, absorbing the card sleeve, I'll see if I can take a picture to show. 

#4 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

I've noticed something similar when using Dragon Shields to sleeve L5R. The "five rings" silhouette imprints through the opaque sleeves. Very disconcerting, especially since I like collecting imported sleeves and would rather keep them looking nice.

#5 Keggy

Keggy

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

I noticed this happening on the dragon shields I used for Netrunner Game of Thrones as well.  After I desleeved the cards and let the sleeves sit on a shelf for a week or two, I noticed the "impression" had disappeared.

#6 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

Some of my black dragonsheilds that I have been using for AGoT for a long time seem to essentially have the outline of the card tex showing through the back. 

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#7 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

Has anyone noticed the same thing occurring with a sleeved Light Side deck?

#8 Meathook123

Meathook123

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

I cannot see any "absorbing" of the Star Wars logo in my FFG sleeves.  I can though, see the Star Wars Logo through the back of the lightsaber light side sleeves.  It is a faint image,as the white and light blue colors on the sleeve are semi transparent.  The Star Wars logo goes away when the card is removed from the sleeve.  I never would have noticed it if I didnt read this thread.

#9 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

I have noticed this on my cards as well, that are in dragon shields. It's wierd. If it bothers you, my ultra pros don't seem to have the same situation, so you could switch to them.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS